Author Topic: Wii gadget  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Wii gadget
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »
so no-one else has pwned that evil 'lydia' character at table tennis? or is it just me that fulfilled that obsession   :uhoh
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:29:15 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
    +1   We have it wife and son love it lots of family fun  :aok

Wife has the Wii Fit Plus program and balance board.  She loves it and uses it every day.   :aok
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
Thanks for the replies. guys.  We would use this for the fitness part #1 and entertainment at other times for 2.    My wife has been watching her weight and doing well, and I *cough* have been finding what she has lost.   :cry

On the fitness stuff, is it a one person thing or can we both do say, tennis, or skiing or snowboarding, whatever?  I see where maybe some games are multi person but we would buy it for fitness first.

Also, lol I live in the boonies.  I dont have a local bestbuy to go to.  In fact my closest one is 170 miles away.  We have to drive 65 miles to eat a McSandwich or a Wendy's, or a Walmart.  Out town is of roughly 850 population and I live outside of town on a farm.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »
As No-one has mentioned it, I will.

Lightsabers!!
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
We got one, my wife loves it. She wants to get one of those Fit boards, for now it's Wii Sprts Tennis and Super Mario Bros. Me, Guitar Hero.
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »
I'm sure there's more to it than just using a Wii board. Either additional training or/and less caloric food input.

If not, the wii would probably the most effective excercise machine in the world.  ;)

Actually no...  It was the wii game alone.  I changed nothing about my diet.  I did 30 minutes of the rythm boxing daily.  It is actually a fair workout for somebody who is unable to do anything high impact like me.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 03:47:10 PM »
`bought my wife a Wii with balance board and Wii fit plus 8 weeks ago. She enjoys it very much. Meanwhile her friend has one too, and both spend some couple of hours in the week. I like playing golf and playing tennis. I am not into this yoga-stuff. Last week I bought Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart. Not as addictive as AH, but much fun (Wii has on board wifi - connecting it to my WLAN-router took about few minutes. There is even an opera internetbrowser installed...)

Regards
SF
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
Get the wii !  It is endless fun for everyone also if you are into shooters get the wii blaster with either call of duty world at war or modern warfare.  I have both and it is alot of fun.  people will reply the xbox and ps3 graphics blow it out of the water and that is true.  the wii makes up for it in gameplay.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »
Wii love our wii.
Wii use it all the time though wii need to get some more games. Wii just finished Super Paper Mario, and we're well into Mario Galaxy. The Sports games are pretty good, I do like the golf ones. We're also playing some of the old gamecube ones on it too.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
Get the Metroid Trilogy as well. Amazing series.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »
Bought the wife ack one of those Wii fit boards on half dot com and saved a good deal of money...gets used more than the $200 exercycle I bought her.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
We got it about a year ago..hadn't been on it since, but the kids play it a lot and the wife does the yoga stuff
I got on it the other day and it said -

"  I see you bought a piano, please drop it and try again"

:D

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »
"  I see you bought a piano, please drop it and try again"

:D

NwBie
That's funny right there...first time I got on it, the thing said "cannot calculate your weight, one person at a time please"...last time I got on it, started calculating my weight then froze and rebooted. I think it's trying to tell me something.  :headscratch:

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 04:00:08 PM »
Get it. your wife will thank you for it, also if you have kids it is a great way to get them off your back when your concentrating on aces, no more DAD DAD DAD! DAD!! DAD!!!!!.  :rock Rondar <S>
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!