Author Topic: Submarines  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Templar

• Copper Member
Re: Submarines
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »
I think Fugitive has some valid points.  :salute. Also, I think we can all agree that this stopped being a "pure" aircraft game when manned ground vehicles were introduced.  The submarine element is part of the natural development of an (admittedly) secondary aspect of the game-naval air warfare.  It isn't a pure air combat game anymore. That is our "reality" in this game world.  I'm glad to see that this thread returned to an actual discussion of the merits of the wish for sumarines.  :rock.  Now having said that, I think tht using the japanese submarines that were designed to transport and launch aircraft would be interesting!  You could drive the sub to a launch point of your choosing (avoiding the enemy carrier group hopefully). Surface, then switch to the airplane (same function button as switching to a bomber turret) and launch the airplane.  The submarine is discarded and sinks back down to disappear after launch.  The submarine would have torpedoes and be able to act like a normal sub during transit to the launch point....   :airplane:
Muhahahahhaa