Author Topic: What is with the uber zeke  (Read 2365 times)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Re: What is with the uber zeke
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »
Good pilots will take the zeke nose down if they have some alt to play with.  Lock it up then just barrel roll around it.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »
flown the zeke 5b alot. never had a elevator lockup problem like the 109s have... zekes can easily hit a dive of 450-500TAS in game and be able to pull out... although if you want to stay above the enemy then dont try and dive with them cuz well...zeros dont like fast... you lose the engine and you cannot even glide in them, its like throwing paper to wind... diving for 5k at 450mph and you wont regain the lost 5k if in a fight.
edit:last line was just example only, do not know accurate accounts. but the zeke is an E bleeder... in fact go fast like other planes and you, in the end, lose so much E from drag you cannot do much
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:21:52 AM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 10:51:36 AM »
I satisfied my own curiosity. I got it up to 518 with combat trim on if he manually trimmed it probably a little faster.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

500+ in a Zeke? Creak...Creak...Creak...     :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 04:03:47 PM »
I flew it offline and dived towards the deck when I hit 528MPH (according to the video) the rudder tore off.......From now on my goal will be to make it dive too fast LOL  :banana:

(not really)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
thats what i do, if i'm above 450 and their still in the dive I'll pull up. they either keep going and fall apart or come out of it very slow and you should be able to drop in behind them. Most know not to dive in like that but have had a few in the AVA follow.