Author Topic: Downtime Charts  (Read 1358 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Downtime Charts
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
ok so say that all strats are 100% and the field is not being supplied. then radar is down for 45 min?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »
It is not a fixed time like town buildings, hangers or manned guns. You can't time it to the minute because you don't know the position of supply trucks/barges from the factory to the field, so "approximately" 45 minutes is right.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 06:19:04 PM »
Thanks
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 02:15:25 PM »
Ahhhh... I have a clue why he thinks its inaccurate Ghosth...  :huh Auto ack guns on a base do not stay down for 2 hours, I believe its 45 minutes. I'm pretty sure the cv (when sunk) lasts longer then 10 minutes, its more around 15 it seems. Factories do not stay down for 3 hours and yes I'm aware of resupping, factories pop in under 3 hours all the time without resupping, I've seen it happen. And is that accurate?? 2 hours for radar, barracks, and ammo bunkers??? Sure seems like I'm being egged long before 2 hours when I'm on my way to town in a gv after ords were dropped. Once again, I am aware of resupping but doubt that it always takes place to bring these objects up as fast as they are. The info was retrieved from the following training site http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/strategy/stratguide.htm#ss  :salute  :salute  :salute   
"Behold the pale horse... And the man who rode upon it was death, and hell followed with him"  "revelations"

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »
The task group won't respawn until the CV is sunk.  When the CV is sunk, the whole TG respawns at its port 10 minutes later.

Actually what happens is when the CV goes down a timer starts...and ten minutes (10 Minutes)  later the program destroys a map room bunker that is the master of the task group. The map room for the CV is hidden some where on the map, tucked away on some island or land mass near a corner of the map. Every CV also has a master field...typically a port, though not always. When the program destroys the CV map room, it checks CV master field, and if ownership has changed...the CV changes countries.

This system is used to prevent the direct capture of CV's.

When the CV re-spawns, it might be near its port...but its location is hardwired into the terrain and could be anywhere on the map as determined by the terrain designer. Many special events arena's have CV's without a port, and use an inland airfield or even a vehicle base as their master field.

It is possible on some SE maps to capture an inland airfield, destroy the CV and take ownership of it...as bizarre as that might sound.

Oneway

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:22:29 PM by oneway »

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 09:19:46 PM »
It is not a fixed time like town buildings, hangers or manned guns. You can't time it to the minute because you don't know the position of supply trucks/barges from the factory to the field, so "approximately" 45 minutes is right.

Yes it is...it is like any other object in the arena settings that a down time can be set..no different than ammo, fuel, fighter hangers or bomber hangers..

Actual down times for any object are the object type's Downtime X Object Downtime Multiplier [TWR] X Global Downtime Multiplier...it is finite and its fixed...barring player re-supply

Tower Radar or Field Radar is known as Bunk Radar, not to be confused with Fact Radar
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:29:16 PM by oneway »

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »
So what is the exact time that radar is down?

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 06:59:28 AM »
oneway,

Thank you for the explanation of how the CV is mechanized--cleared up a lot of "WFT?" for me.

-Rodent57
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:03:55 AM by Rodent57 »
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE