Author Topic: November FSO: In Harms Way  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: November FSO: In Harms Way
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 10:33:01 PM »
Quite right... While the next FSO is in 2 weeks, they Betty and the next update with new planes won't be for "2 weeks"

(see what I did there?)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »
Quesion:  Since the axis lack any twin eng AC like Ki.45 Type 2,  Ki-102 on AH, is it possible that they can get the Me-110 as a substitution? 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
Im not a big fan of substitutes esp LW planes in the PACIFIC unless there is a real genuine need for them and for this one I think the IJ set will suffice without resorting to that.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »
Im not a big fan of substitutes esp LW planes in the PACIFIC unless there is a real genuine need for them and for this one I think the IJ set will suffice without resorting to that.

I was thinking more of the early war 110.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 09:30:54 PM »
Stay tuned. Heck...maybe we will have a few more new planes to look over in the meantime <fingers crossed>. Ki-43?  :pray

:pray  :pray

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »
Where can I find information on which squads were given the TBM units?

Out

Oneway

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:04 PM »
Quesion:  Since the axis lack any twin eng AC like Ki.45 Type 2,  Ki-102 on AH, is it possible that they can get the Me-110 as a substitution? 

Why do they need one in this setup?

The Ki-45 was eviscerated by even simple P-40s flown by AVG pilots. It was no match for any single-engined fighter (unlike the surprisingly-manuverable 110s Aces High seems to have modeled).

Why does the Japanese planeset need a twin engine plane? They didn't have a credible "zerstorer" force like the Germans attempted, they didn't have this big need for twin engine fighters because their single engine planes already had superb range.

It's a non-issue. They just don't need it, so why force in a substitute that doesn't fit?

P.S. Only a small number of Ki-102 were built, if I recall? Not many saw service. Its main armament was intended for ground attack (or, ship attack, let's say) and was a 37mm cannon or a 57mm cannon. Only real possible sub from AH would be B-25H which is just too much of a mismatch as far as performance and durability is considered -- not to mention the fact that US planes attacking US planes kind of kills the "substitution" factor.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:33:45 PM by Krusty »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 11:59:15 AM »
Why do they need one in this setup?

The Ki-45 was eviscerated by even simple P-40s flown by AVG pilots. It was no match for any single-engined fighter (unlike the surprisingly-manuverable 110s Aces High seems to have modeled).

Why does the Japanese planeset need a twin engine plane? They didn't have a credible "zerstorer" force like the Germans attempted, they didn't have this big need for twin engine fighters because their single engine planes already had superb range.

It's a non-issue. They just don't need it, so why force in a substitute that doesn't fit?

P.S. Only a small number of Ki-102 were built, if I recall? Not many saw service. Its main armament was intended for ground attack (or, ship attack, let's say) and was a 37mm cannon or a 57mm cannon. Only real possible sub from AH would be B-25H which is just too much of a mismatch as far as performance and durability is considered -- not to mention the fact that US planes attacking US planes kind of kills the "substitution" factor.

We are talking about IJ.  I am sure they throw anything at us that they have.  Besides, it was a suggestion. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group