Author Topic: how about exclusive squad skins  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: how about exclusive squad skins
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »
i know i know,we have heard it ALL before,well for those of us who dont know EVERYTHING..just a simple idea..have squads be able to have an exclusive skin that they design...within reason...lol

Question for all. For any player to see a skin in the game other than the default skin, that player would have to had downloaded it so his computer can render it...Correct?

This means the skins you see in the game are not the skins everyone sees in the game. Many computer challenged folks don't download skins because everyskin downloaded (in the active folder) has to be rendered and eats up Cache ram. 

This (may) lead to folks downloading skins they want to see on their plane when flying, but they may be less inclined to download skins they can't use personally. So I don't know how many folks would end up seeing your custom skin. That said I have nothing against the idea, it's kind of cool.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »
:aok

It would be funny seeing alpini13 flying around in a rainbow skin.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
I thought alpini13 just sits on the runway and gets vulched by his other account? a rainbow skin would make him easier to see though while he is getting vulched
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 10:26:31 PM »
i think that Kommando Nowonty has its own skin for the 262 but it actually was used in WW2 so i guess custom squad skins are OUT!  :bolt:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 01:02:38 AM »
What i'd like to be able to see is the allowance of private squad skins that are HISTORIC and that are not already in the game. take our squad for instance. We have two active 38J skins but our 51 skins wont be in rotation for another 3000 years because of the 51 skin lineup. If we could skin our own P51Bs and Ds and show them to HiTech i wouldnt mind being able to have them as squad only skins that are completely historically accurate.

Better to see if you can actually keep the 20th FG going for a while and go from there.  It's not the first AH edition of that group :)  Who knows what might happen down the line with the 51 skin rotation.  Lots of historic squads start full of steam and die fast.  I've seen some of the best of the skinners do skins for historic squads only to have that squad go belly up before the skin can be submitted.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters