Author Topic: Lost Roll input...Xchitty 2...  (Read 315 times)

Offline bignasdy

• Zinc Member
      • American Veteran Pool Table Service
Lost Roll input...Xchitty 2...
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »
so, I tried rebooting, disconnecting the usb cable.Still no roll input. :furious :joystick: I also tried a different cord from one of my tyrade victims, and all that does is make the main stick lights flash, and it has zero inputs...
so, anybody got any ideas other than trashin this POS and getting a real stick>?
thanx
d

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Lost Roll input...Xchitty 2...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »
Let's make a list of things that you have tried.

Check the connections (in front of the joystick and throttle) I find that mine work their way out rather easily.

Try another USB port (I had heard that this has been able to fix some problems)

Re Install the drivers (I just figured this one out, X52 has two files that I need to execute in order to have it fully supported).  One file contains the drivers, the other contains the software, that places a little icon of a joystick in your taskbar.

Let me know how things turn out.  I have heard funky things about the X52, I must have gotten the only one that works well.   :uhoh  (Few years  :joystick: and still pretty happy)

The only complaint that I have is not really the joystick's problem.  When zoomed in, I notice a lot of bounce / wiggle from stick input.  I mean that instead of drawing the nose left or right with rudder input, the nose moves in an egg shape movement snapping back in the direction I pulled the nose from.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Lost Roll input...Xchitty 2...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 12:40:46 AM »
Another option would be to buy a self powered USB hub and use that for the joystick.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail