Author Topic: The night is back!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
Re: The night is back!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
I once read an account of a Spitfire pilot that was assigned to night fighter duty.  He was repeatedly vectored to incoming bombers or other bogies by the radar operators.  Despite multiple sorties he never fired a shot because he never saw a single target.  Does not quite sound like fun game play to me.
[/quote

Dont think it would be like real life in AH. I think the icon range should be cut in half for all planes except night fighters with radar. Plus you have the field radar.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 06:45:35 PM »

Dont think it would be like real life in AH. I think the icon range should be cut in half for all planes except night fighters with radar. Plus you have the field radar.

I dont think you'll ever see full night in the MA. Its been done and people log off in droves, or jump the gamma up to negate it.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 10:25:53 AM »
I like having night time.
I can't believe people can't hang around for 30 to 45 minutes until nighttime is over.
it's just silly

people holler for realisem  and nighttime is realisem..  I'm pretty sure it gets dark in real life.looks like it when I look out the window at 10pm it's dark
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 11:58:27 AM »
I, too, like night time.  However, I do not play golf at night, nor do I go target shooting then either.  There is a reason for that.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 12:17:59 PM »
I like having night time.
I can't believe people can't hang around for 30 to 45 minutes until nighttime is over.

For many players, that's about the whole time they have to play at all.

people holler for realisem  and nighttime is realisem..  I'm pretty sure it gets dark in real life.looks like it when I look out the window at 10pm it's dark

Realism? Realism would mean most standard AH air operations would be suspended until dawn.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »
I, too, like night time.  However, I do not play golf at night, nor do I go target shooting then either.  There is a reason for that.

Wiley.

I don't like the night, especially near water.  The water appeared pitch black in the crater I was fighting in and was unable to gauge how close my plane was to it. 

Will be turning up the gamma next time.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 05:41:14 PM »
For many players, that's about the whole time they have to play at all.

Realism? Realism would mean most standard AH air operations would be suspended until dawn.

yep your right on both accounts
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.