Author Topic: A-36 Apache  (Read 1986 times)

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
Re: A-36 Apache
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:36 AM »
  Why does there have to be a niche for a new plane? Seems silly to me to say "....we don't need the A-36 because the P-51D is better." Who cares? If it's only about having the best of each model, then maybe we should get rid of some planes. After all, we don't need the La-5 because the La-7 is faster an better armed. We don't need the the F4U1/1A because the C and D models are faster and carry more ordinance, and so on.
  Not everybody feels they have to fly the latest and greatest planes. Personally, I grow weary of seeing the same planes everywhere; P-51D's, Spit XVI's, La-7's etc. First time I went into the WW1 arena, it occurred to me that it should be renamed the DR1 arena because that's what EVERYONe was flying!!
   I think it's about the experience and not just flying a plane with which one can achieve the most kills.
   35Whelen

Yet we still have most of those planes because of their historical value. Plus, if we only had the LW models where will be the MW and EW? Also, the La-5 is a turner and runner instead of the running La-7. We have the P51-B and D. I fly the Spit VIII while some other people fly the Spit IX. I've seen the F4U-1 fly, the A, too. And I've flown other planes against those DR1s everybody flies. In fact I scared one off of my tail.