Author Topic: Anybody Know Where This AH Data Came From ??  (Read 1198 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Anybody Know Where This AH Data Came From ??
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 01:31:28 PM »

smokinloon, it looks like you got a hardon about the subject of using or not using the information posted at certian places. whats up with that?

MoJo

It isnt about where the data comes from, it is more about making sure players have access to correct data.  That list of weapons damage in this forum (and on teh AH Trainer's website) is missing lots of data, it has incorrect data, and even has data that is not in AH.  Until it is updated, I will continue to make mention of it when these threads appear.  Multiple people have individually tested all or most of the weapons in the AH and can offer correct data if asked or if it is presented.  A few of these same people have offered to give the current and correct data to the AH Trainers and until recently were ignored.  TequilaChaser was kind enough to PM me recently and mentioned the website is going to be dealt with, updated, etc.          

The learning curve is long enough for the new guys that any help I can give them I will.  Likewise, the number of long time players who still have 5 year old data in their heads in alarming.  EXAMPLE: Few people know that the M4/76mm has the absolute worst HE round of any tank in the game (107 lbs dmg, iirc), yet there are a great many players who fully stock up on 76mm HE and head to town not knowing of their handicap.  Etc etc etc.  

EDIT: a Doors fan, eh?  Nice!  :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 01:45:46 AM »
Also via the Wiki, some of the American bombs have the damage values, but many of the other bombs in the game do not.
Being a wiki, info can be updated by anyone in the community who has the data.  The wiki admins set up a structure to build off of.  For instance, I primarily I made new pages on Aircraft to give them a consistent look and structure, and then threaded out into related pages like weapons and ord, and made templates for them.  With the expectation being that someone will come along who has the realization in the above quote, and feels strongly enough about it to fill in the missing information.

My reply to some other posts in this thread is that the AHWiki exists for posting up to date accurate data.  If it's that important to a person go post it there where a player can find it.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 11:33:15 AM »
SPEAKING of data, anyone looked at IL2 usage? Lest full month with F3, some 6400 kills....in JUNE....a staggering 2385. (k/d about same) Added up the kill %'s, and in April, 72% of IL2 kills were gv's, in June, 83%. Wish I had a nickel for every post saying F3 doesn't matter. Most folks who flew the thing simply DON'T, anymore. (The 'launch only out of FH thing prolly skews it a bit, hard to say.) In both cases, P51 was common airplane kill, followed by F4D, 2 of the most common jabos. It's an awesome gv killer now, not much more
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
SPEAKING of data, anyone looked at IL2 usage?

Yes i have. was about making a post on Il2 and GV usage after the changes.

Lest full month with F3, some 6400 kills....in JUNE....a staggering 2385. (k/d about same) Added up the kill %'s, and in April, 72% of IL2 kills were gv's, in June, 83%. Wish I had a nickel for every post saying F3 doesn't matter. Most folks who flew the thing simply DON'T, anymore. (The 'launch only out of FH thing prolly skews it a bit, hard to say.) In both cases, P51 was common airplane kill, followed by F4D, 2 of the most common jabos. It's an awesome gv killer now, not much more

Yes, the fact that the Il-2 now rolls from FHs make it difficult to asses. Before the changes, the Sturmoviks formed the last line of defense when the FHs went down, trying to shoot vulchers in the face, resulting in a lot of kills and deaths in a short time. Now that option is completely gone, resulting in a drop in usage too.  It's unfortunately impossible to quantify.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:36:57 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »
Yes i have. was about making a post on Il2 and GV usage after the changes.

Yes, the fact that the Il-2 now rolls from FHs make it difficult to asses. Before the changes, the Sturmoviks formed the last line of defense when the FHs went down, trying to shoot vulchers in the face, resulting in a lot of kills and deaths in a short time. Now that option is completely gone, resulting in a drop in usage too.  It's unfortunately impossible to quantify.

The biggest thing that has changed the IL-2 stats is the fact that it is being used for what it was designed to do and noth much esle: destroy ground vehicles and static defenses (i.e: direct support of ground forces).  No more "airfield defense".  No more (or rather a lot less) dogfighting.

Not to get too far off the original topic, but I wonder if HTC (or anyone) can find data that the IL-2 used HE shells as well.  If so, it'd be nice to load up the IL-2 w/ HE shells and count on it to hammer soft targets as well.  Oh wait... I guess it wouldnt really matter because the 37mm AP and HE do the exact same damage to OBJ in AH.   :huh   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.