Author Topic: Hiding CV off map  (Read 1121 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Hiding CV off map
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »
That is on the map, not off, but appears to be a separate land issue on compelo.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
We tested and could not make the CV go off the map.  My guess is , this is a myth when people cant find the CV. But as with anything it may be a bug. Be glad to fix it if some can reproduce it.

HiTech

i'm sorry Hitech but your wrong its no myth, i was sitting in the CV tower watching it drive on the land and right into the side of a mountain, off the right side of the Compelo map top right corner, i filmed the whole event and when i played the film it shows me as a pilot with no plane at about 40,000 feet through the whole 30 minute plus  :bhead
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
I just went and check both in code and tested in the Compelo on the top right.

While you can take the CV just to the edge of the map, you can NOT take it off map. I state again you can NOT take the CV off the map.

But there is a bug with the very last vertex of the terrain. Cause the terrain to do strange things. All terrians should have 1 mile of water grounding them, and most do, but his is causing an issue with Compelo.

HiTech

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »
i dont know HiTech all i know is what i seen while sitting in the tower on the CV thats why i recorded it. i dont know why its not showing me on the carrier but instead way up in the sky suspended, maybe thats due to the vertex bug you were talking about. 'i'll load that map in offline and run it. you can see him in the chat bar state what he was going to do ( drive it under the mountain) and hear everyones reactions on Vox as it was going under the mountain side then lifing off in a plane while inside the mountain and flying out of it.

heres a few snapshots and if you want i will send in the film so you can view it, i realized if you click on his name in the film you will see the CV and him do his trick and him openly bragin about it on room channel.

His name was blotted out to protect the Dumb

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
OK i did some testing took alittle time but i reproduced what i seen and others seen, granted its not technically off the map, it's on the edge as far as you can plot a CV course with out getting the waypoint touches land message even though the CV is sailing on Land off the water and into the terrain, thus leaving it undetecable and unsinkable, no one can spawn off it ( you insta die) anyone who sends the CV up there knows this will happen so i guess it can be called an exploit of the Map.

HiTech i will PM you the Film i recorded showing it disappearing into the Terrian and hope this will help clear up this problem.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Couldn't you fix this simply by giving the country that captures a port control of the cv after a set time period?

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »
Couldn't you fix this simply by giving the country that captures a port control of the cv after a set time period?

Ive said for over 3 years now that it should be, when a port is taken, you got 2 or 3 hours to use the CV before it goes back to port.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
Ive said for over 3 years now that it should be, when a port is taken, you got 2 or 3 hours to use the CV before it goes back to port.

or defend the port so they can't get it back.