Author Topic: More - better GV battles  (Read 1193 times)

Offline steveb999

• Zinc Member
Re: More - better GV battles
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 11:47:46 AM »
Well, I guess that's a problem when a player narrows down his interests and participation in this game to a very small and distinct aspect of the gameplay. Broaden your horizon and have more fun  :old:

When I first started playing AH all I did was fly. I didn't even know there were GVs in the game! It took me 3 weeks to discover tanks, so yeah, I have done the flying thing. I just don't enjoy it as much. Is it wrong to want the GV part of the game to be as fun all the time as the game is for the people that fly? Are you saying that the GVs are not supposed to be an integral part of the game but just a distraction for when one is bored with flying?

Yes, I understand that AH was conceived and developed as an air combat game, but GVs were added and there is a significant number of us that prefer GVs over flying. What's wrong with wanting to improve our in-game experience? What's wrong with whining about things that make the game less fun for us? I am not asking for the game to be made GV-centric and cater to my particular needs. I am just asking for adjustments to be made that facilitate the fun factor for people that prefer to GV. :)

We do have a few maps that have a couple of GV bases close enough together they can be driven between so you don't have to use a spawn point. Other than the ndisle map these are the places where decent, ongoing GV battles happen. We just need situations like this for all maps. It shouldn't take too long to do some map editing to facilitate this.

Making it easier to have fun GVing in no way has to affect the fun factor of the flying aspect of the game. :)

Zed