Author Topic: How commander's position works.  (Read 620 times)

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
Re: How commander's position works.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
See rule #6.

HiTech
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:40:08 AM by hitech »
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 10:05:59 PM »
so what key do you push if there is no 10?

and, fyi it's called a numeric keypad a.k.a. numpad...not 10 key pad.

no the og was 10key pad.  as in 10 keys in it, 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.   total of ten numbers.  I learned that in puter class back in highschool.  also one of the first things they asked back in the day is can you use the 10key by sight or touch.  still remember my first interview, in 1985.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 11:01:08 PM »
no the og was 10key pad.  as in 10 keys in it, 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.   total of ten numbers.  I learned that in puter class back in highschool.  also one of the first things they asked back in the day is can you use the 10key by sight or touch.  still remember my first interview, in 1985.

semp
but you still don't have a number 10 key...  :neener:

you had computer class in high school, where was that? geez, all i got to play with was typewriters.  :cry 

you must be an accounting nerd, i remember accounting nerds calling it the tenkey. the numeric keypad term was used in tech manuals and numpad was/is used by geeks. the apple2 i had to use in the corps didn't have a separate numpad, typing class actually paid off.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
The origin of 10 key, it was a description of your ability of using an adding machine. (How are your 10 key skills).

Interesting tid bit, a phone is inverted from a 10 key precisely so that people with good 10 key skills could not type on the phone quickly.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »
but you still don't have a number 10 key...  :neener:

you had computer class in high school, where was that? geez, all i got to play with was typewriters.  :cry 

you must be an accounting nerd, i remember accounting nerds calling it the tenkey. the numeric keypad term was used in tech manuals and numpad was/is used by geeks. the apple2 i had to use in the corps didn't have a separate numpad, typing class actually paid off.

you are being an dork .  why did you use an apple in the corps?  I remember they had computers,  i guess you were the chunky guy always eating an apple while working  :neener:.

semp

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
Interesting tid bit, a phone is inverted from a 10 key precisely so that people with good 10 key skills could not type on the phone quickly.

HiTech
that is interesting. wonder why that would have been a goal for the design...  :headscratch:

you are being an dork .  why did you use an apple in the corps?  I remember they had computers,  i guess you were the chunky guy always eating an apple while working  :neener:.

semp
of course i'm being a dork   :lol   numpad.

when i was in the corps (81-85), the apple2 was the only thing in any offices on base until spring of 85 when the apple 2e finally started arriving and with the exception of some custom programs, they were used as little more than fancy typewriters.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 03:30:33 PM »
that is interesting. wonder why that would have been a goal for the design...  :headscratch:

of course i'm being a dork   :lol   numpad.

when i was in the corps (81-85), the apple2 was the only thing in any offices on base until spring of 85 when the apple 2e finally started arriving and with the exception of some custom programs, they were used as little more than fancy typewriters.

that's all they were.  apple's were used for 3 things, snacks, typewriters or to play games.

semp