Author Topic: New Patch Today  (Read 1907 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Patch Today
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 07:01:07 PM »
those are take off instructions for the added weight of a drop tank...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »
Thanks I didn't know that.  :rolleyes:
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »
Thanks I didn't know that.  :rolleyes:
well then einstein, the clean max flap deployment speeds shouldn't be dictated by the added lift needed for the extra weight and drag of a drop tank. unless speculation is the new standard...
jarhed  

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 07:54:51 PM »
well then einstein, the clean max flap deployment speeds shouldn't be dictated by the added lift needed for the extra weight and drag of a drop tank. unless speculation is the new standard...

look here
The data posted is not mutually exclusive.  Some planes will have a different max speed for deploying the flaps than the max speed for having the flaps down.  In AH we only have one speed per flap setting, so we have to bridge those differences as best we can.

Iam happy with the new setting not what she used to be , but i can live with it . its at least flyable now
TB
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »
i know twinboom, i saw it. i won't argue that the new setting is better than the old, because it didn't make much sense but...
jarhed  

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 08:30:11 PM »
If the fix is incorrect then it should be "fixed".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »
Given that you had to set 3/4 flaps and not retract them under 160mph when fully loaded probably played into them making the decision..

It calls for 1/4 to 1/2 flap for short field takeoff, not 3/4 flap.

I am conflicted about how HTC should model this stuff btw. If this is true for the P-40 then it should be true for other planes as well.

What should be true for other planes?  The P-40 used a simple split flap, probably the worst flap for providing increased lift.  Most other US aircraft had better flap designs, no reason to punish them because of the P-40s issues.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »
The data posted is not mutually exclusive.  Some planes will have a different max speed for deploying the flaps than the max speed for having the flaps down.  In AH we only have one speed per flap setting, so we have to bridge those differences as best we can.

I guess anyone can look like an Einstein to a Jarhead. I didn't make the decision about the flap speed, I just provided data that indicated that flaps can be deployed above 140mph. And as I stated above, I'm not completely comfortable with this either.   
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 08:50:29 PM »
It calls for 1/4 to 1/2 flap for short field takeoff, not 3/4 flap.

What should be true for other planes?  The P-40 used a simple split flap, probably the worst flap for providing increased lift.  Most other US aircraft had better flap designs, no reason to punish them because of the P-40s issues.

I'm sorry, you are correct it calls for 1/2 flaps and not to retract below 160mph.

On the second point, my primary concern is that it is an educated guess unless it is specifically stated in a source document. Allowing some modeling for the P-40 based on a guess but holding other aircraft to only documented numbers seems contradictory to HTC's SOP.
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »
I'm sorry, you are correct it calls for 1/2 flaps and not to retract below 160mph.

On the second point, my primary concern is that it is an educated guess unless it is specifically stated in a source document. Allowing some modeling for the P-40 based on a guess but holding other aircraft to only documented numbers seems contradictory to HTC's SOP.
Agreed, the P-47 manual says DO NOT lower any flaps above 195 mph
http://rwebs.net/avhistory/opsman/pursuit/section6.htm
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:44:30 PM by STEELE »
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »
What should be true for other planes?  The P-40 used a simple split flap, probably the worst flap for providing increased lift.  Most other US aircraft had better flap designs, no reason to punish them because of the P-40s issues./quote]
what type of flaps were on the a6m, 109, 110, yak, f4f, b-239, c-202, c-205, ki-61, la5, la7...you get the idea right? it's not just about u.s. aircraft.
jarhed  

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 07:41:10 AM »
Announced on the home page...

Version 2.26 Patch 2 Changes
======================

Fixed a bug in flak targeting that would allow flak to simultaneously target different long range targets if no target was close to it.
nobody notice this? :noid
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:16 AM »
nobody notice this? :noid
wonder if that's how it hits friendlies. Moot point for me, after monitor and then USB issues, now my mobo seems to have assumed room temperature, prolly won't be back till next year, can't build new PC with Wifey unemployed :bhead
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:35 AM »
Knew there was something wrong with that thing.

Now the question begs... just how many other gv's have a section of "super armor" where they would otherwise be rather fragile?  Or, as in what the T34 used to have, an area of armor that was not represented correctly for years (front of turret) and was much easier to knock out that it should have been.  

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
AND patch 3 just came out too