Author Topic: New DM for the P-47 Family?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
Re: New DM for the P-47 Family?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »
Twostep, I bet that guy had more than oil in his pants.  I bet he kissed ground when he made it back.

Look at his face, man!  He's still trying to un-pucker his sphincter!  :lol

Offline Bong40

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »
Maybe I'm crazy... been on meds for a few weeks now.. it really seems different but I trust the opinions here.. forgot to mention i'm also only 3 weeks into a New CH setup, Its probably me.. the speed thing is higher more like 540 or so I guess I should have looked a little closer before opening my yapper :bolt: :bhead

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
Hey don't sweat it.  I was interested in hearing what other folks had observed since the update.  So that IMO it was a good thread.

About a year ago I switched from a Logitech to a Saitek controller and it took months to get things going again.  The biggest issue was getting the Jug N to do that low altitude rudder flip move again.  Still haven't gotten as good at it as I was with the twisty stick...

-Climber
CO 77th FS "Gamblers"
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »
Hey don't sweat it.  I was interested in hearing what other folks had observed since the update.  So that IMO it was a good thread.

About a year ago I switched from a Logitech to a Saitek controller and it took months to get things going again.  The biggest issue was getting the Jug N to do that low altitude rudder flip move again.  Still haven't gotten as good at it as I was with the twisty stick...

-Climber
CO 77th FS "Gamblers"

The trick I found when switching from twisty to pedals is this:
On gun solutions, it makes things easier.  You can produce a finer amount of control than on twisty.
On maneuvers like the one you're describing: it's harder.  A flick of the wrist is akin to a stomp on the pedal.  What you need is rudder over much quicker than you are currently doing.  Don't be afraid to stomp :) 

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »
I just switched over to pedals too.  I keep either twisting the stick or on takeoff get my left and right reversed or in flight I forget I have pedals.  Been driving a jeep around the field with pedals that seems to help.No too bad until I go from a P47 to a Typhoon then that backwards rotation gets me every time.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 06:34:09 PM »
Be thankful you're not this guy.

(Image removed from quote.)

I hate to say it, but I do believe AH's oil hits and the resulting windshield obscuring is extremely mild.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 07:51:24 PM »
I have flown against a lot of jugs since the new DM and they seem to absorb quite a bit more damage than they used to.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »
 :aok :aok :aok :huh :huh :huh :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 03:40:34 PM »
I just switched over to pedals too.  I keep either twisting the stick or on takeoff get my left and right reversed or in flight I forget I have pedals.  Been driving a jeep around the field with pedals that seems to help.No too bad until I go from a P47 to a Typhoon then that backwards rotation gets me every time.

Hehe....I'm still dealing with this a year later.  5 years ona twisty.  What's helped me is scaling the pedals WAY down and "pedal flying" in the TA
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba