Author Topic: Two X52 throttles  (Read 490 times)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Two X52 throttles
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:05:49 AM »
Has anyone ever gotten 2 X52 throttles to work at the same time? I have several lying around and thought it would be cool if it worked. Anyone know?
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Two X52 throttles
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:19:33 AM »
Should work, since AH can take any amount of controllers to be mapped individually. All you'd have to do is to map one throttle as throttle 1 and the other as throttle 2. Not sure about throttles 3 and 4, though. Do dual throttles work for left and right in multi engine planes like bombers?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:04:46 AM »
Yes, it should work, as bizman stated. I've had as many as 6 different controllers remanufactured into control boxes and panels plugged in to a single pc, all functioning in game at the same time. It can be somewhat time consuming mapping everything, but once that is done they should work just fine.

What is the intended purpose for the 2 throttles?

68valu
Flying since tour 84

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »
You mean besides schlitz and giggles, just to see if it can be done? I use the "thumb slider" right now for the second throttle on my 110. It' perfectly usable, but I notice that if I don't zoom in on the manifold gauge, and make sure both needles are perfectly aligned, I will drift in whichever direction the stronger engine is taking me. So, I thought maybe another full throttle would be easier, and then I'd have two sliders for engines 3 and 4 in a bomber, if I chose to do that. dual throttles is "da bomb", so to speak, because SO many MA pilots automatically think that a 110 can't turn or stall fight....pfffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffT!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
So you've already familiar with using two devices for multiple throttles. There should be no problem other than using a double amount of desk space in the left hand area. Technically they won't (most probably) differ from the multi throttle quadrants available on the market from several manufacturers.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 06:02:45 AM »
I use two; one throttle for MP and the other for rpm
Game handle: HellBuck