Author Topic: X55 stuck in first gear  (Read 485 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
X55 stuck in first gear
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
Yesterday while in a gv mode it became stuck in the first gear, was able to fix it by changing from accelerate to full speed.  Today that doesn't work have gone back and deleted all settings and tried again with no satisfactory results.  Any suggestions?  I know the stick is new to the game and wonder if anyone else had this problem?

Also when you bring up the map controller  it doesn't automatically go to the correct aircraft or ground vehicle setting.  Have set the correct vehicle  manually each time I have gone to this setting.
AkCaine

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: X55 stuck in first gear
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:47:09 AM »
I moved this to support as the game treats all stick inputs identically and is really removed from the hardware.

Are you running a stick manager?  That is the first thing to get rid of and test without it installed.  Saitek has had its far share of ups and downs with the stick manager software.

That aside, I have no idea what you mean by, "Also when you bring up the map controller  it doesn't automatically go to the correct aircraft or ground vehicle setting.  Have set the correct vehicle  manually each time I have gone to this setting."

There is no automatic aircraft or vehicle setting.  Are you talking about the auto-mode switch when you go from/to aircraft and vehicles?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:49:12 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »
Yes I am talking about the auto mode switch.  I am not running any stick manager software that I'm aware of.  What is baffling to me is when I turned it off yesterday everything was fine and this morning it isn't.
AkCaine

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:40:05 PM »
Is the check box checked to enable auto-mode switching, in Options->Controls->Map Controllers?

Auto-mode switching is done by the game, not the stick interface.  In other words, this option is completely independent of the sticks installed.

If it is not auto-switching, the game is not set to do so.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:45:21 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
Yes auto mode was selected.
While trying to get vehicle to accelerate I noticed that it was drifting to left.  I re- calibrated stick and everything is working fine now.  Thank you for your help!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:03:33 PM by 1Cane »
AkCaine

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 01:22:52 PM »
I have had the same problem with my X52 several times. Don't remember what I did to correct it. Several others with different sticks have also had the problem. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »
If I were mapping the GV controls I would use only buttons or hats that act like buttons, not the rotaries or other axes (unless you use the stick software but that can get tricky as Skuzzy said). Rotaries are good for zoom and trim mostly IMHO.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:04 PM »
If I were mapping the GV controls I would use only buttons or hats that act like buttons, not the rotaries or other axes (unless you use the stick software but that can get tricky as Skuzzy said). Rotaries are good for zoom and trim mostly IMHO.

I second this!   If you have a 4way hat you can program that for driving,then map a button for shift and you are pretty much set. I have a couple of toggles I use to change positions and my JS moves the gun only.

YMMV.

:salute

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
Seen it happen with others, make sure your rudder is centered. I use my pedals to drive gv's, just like a car.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 07:06:09 PM »
Do you have anything mapped to analogue ? When I have this problem it is easily solved by calibrating my pedals.