Author Topic: Re-Arm Pad  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Re-Arm Pad
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 09:30:55 AM »
Fighting on the deck is great fun and you can find that all the time quickly and easily.  Fighting at mid alt (15K) is great fun and only a bit more of a challenge to find and you find them less often.  Fighting at high alt (25k plus) is few and far between especially because many of them dive away after just one turn.  I'm always looking for a high fight and probably 50% of my engagements are against bombers when I would just as soon they were fighters.  All of this is fun, but the high altitude fights cost more in terms of time and patience.  Fighting at alt is certainly a different skill set as you all know planes perform quite different when near their maximum ceiling. That's what's great about the game.  You can do so many different things in an aircraft.

I have no problem fighting on the deck, as I said it's great fun, I'm just not going to start there.  If you don't want to take the time and climb, no problem.  Just fly under me and I will come down to you  :D

This is possibly what was meant by a quality fight BnZ.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2014, 12:19:53 PM »
He lied and replied it was a single sortie.
One rearm or 10, it's still a single sortie :)

-1 on this change (if my vote counts)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2014, 12:25:12 PM »
"Quality fight"? I still find the nearest red dar bar sufficiently challenging, most of the time. Also, how do you distinguish the "ace" red dars from dars produced by mere dabblers?

The definition of a "quality fight" varies from player to player.  What I am saying has nothing to do with the quality of the opponent - climbing up to altitude and hunting lancasters may just what the player wants.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »
I just wish the dang thing were easier to find when on the ground and that stupid little shack weren't there.   :pray
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »
I just wish the dang thing were easier to find when on the ground and that stupid little shack weren't there.   :pray

LOL.  I though the guys were calling it the wing shack because of the great chicken wings.  I have since learned it's not the case... :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »

This.  Rearming is the only time I am ever tempted to use F3 mode.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »

the medium and large air fields 1 runway has a rearm pad right next to the runway
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »

Wiley.

It is the only time you CAN use F3 mode in a fighter in the MA, and since in real life they often had a ground crewman guiding around the fighters with poor forward visibility, go ahead.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
One rearm or 10, it's still a single sortie :)

-1 on this change (if my vote counts)

I simply want the risk takers to get some lovin for pushing their luck. Most of us can land 2 kills in a sortie. The down side would be a message of 2 kills *20. The up side would then be 40 kills *20.<<----that thar is some risk taking.. :)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »

Wiley.
You have my permission also..   :D
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »
I could care less whether someone rearms with a bullet in them. Seems to be just another attempt by the op to squish other peoples fun.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod