Author Topic: Failing Vox  (Read 886 times)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
Failing Vox
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:04:33 PM »
I hope you can help.

After being logged on 15 to 30 mins, I lose the ability to transmit through voice (both channel and range). Shortly after, I lose the ability to hear squaddies and range. Game sounds like engines and guns remain normal.

If I try to relog, I have to close the game completely. When I first log off I get the message about my firewall and "unable to connect to game manager". (by the way, if I log off while vox is working that message does not appear)

Hope you have a suggestion.

Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Failing Vox
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »
Busher I suggest You enable Aces high to Run from your firewal settings. To do this you will need to go into the firewall settings or go to windows security center in the control panel and then firewall settings then click the exceptions tab and check aces high and then click ok. After doing this go into the game and type in the dot command  .resetv (dont space anything) just type .resetv in one of the channel box and then try to type your name in the vox channel and see if u can hear yourself. If "NONE" of this works then you will need to play around with your microphone setting in the desktop then go into the recording program and see if u can record yourself. IF you dont't hear yourself then your mic is not working properly(keep playing around with the mic settings). Hope that helps.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 08:03:41 PM »
Thanks. But I have done all that. I even tried shutting my firewall off.

The game reset functions never seem to work either.

I find it interesting that I first lose transmit ability and then reception about 10 minutes later.

ps. I even tried reinstalling the game to no avail.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 08:21:41 PM by Busher »
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 09:00:23 PM »
Thanks. But I have done all that. I even tried shutting my firewall off.

The game reset functions never seem to work either.

I find it interesting that I first lose transmit ability and then reception about 10 minutes later.

ps. I even tried reinstalling the game to no avail.

What kind of connection do you have? Have you run pingplotter to check your packet lose?   I seem to remember something about losing voz as a sign of a bad connection. It would also explain the "cant connect to the host" error.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »
Yep. From what I remember hearing from Skuzzy, once you start losing enough data packets, the game switches from TCP to UDP (or is it from UDP to TCP). In either case, vox needs a connection that doesn't drop packets. Once that switch happens, it's usually just a matter of a short time and you'll disco. You might have some kind of program (service/plug-in/malware/virus/virus-checker/etc.) running in the background that is stealing your bandwidth and taking down your connection to the game server.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »
VOX uses the UDP protocol for network delivery.  Any error will cause those packets to be lost, forever.  This problem has nothing to do with the local game installation.  It is a networking issue.

The first thing to try is to power cycle your router.  Occasionally they have to be reset.

If the problem persists, grab Ping Plotter and run a plot to the servers.  Chances are, there is packet loss between you and the servers which can cause the problems you are having.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 11:52:29 AM »
Busher also try and repair your connection. This will be in the settings tab.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:58:59 PM »
Thanks Guys. It was as simple as a router reboot.

Should have looked at the simpler solution first.  :o