Author Topic: review wep times, toughness values  (Read 5954 times)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: review wep times, toughness values
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »
"perk the brewster" talks have no room in this thread  :furious

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
I've only flown it like 5 times...that's the point...I have a TON of experience in luft rides but I can fly a Brew better???? It's not me it's the plane.

By that logic, I should declare the F4F a much better LW Arena fighter than the Bf 109K, La-7 or Ki-84. I have flown the F4F just a few times, but have a much better overall K/D in it.

Also one would clearly expect a much better than it's very much below average A2A K/D, especially when you consider it's a pure fighter never being slowed down by ords and distracted by ground pounding missions.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2016, 08:16:18 AM »
By that logic, I should declare the F4F a much better LW Arena fighter than the Bf 109K, La-7 or Ki-84. I have flown the F4F just a few times, but have a much better overall K/D in it.

Also one would clearly expect a much better than it's very much below average A2A K/D, especially when you consider it's a pure fighter never being slowed down by ords and distracted by ground pounding missions.
Valid argument. But would other rides tend to have better K/D because of the caliber of sticks that fly them???

Like the Spit IX has Bruv flying it (or used to) and I bet it's K/D was better then the 8 and 16 when he was strictly killing in that. Or whatever rides your in that month, don't they tend to have a higher K/D??? Wasn't it you flying c205s for a tour and the overall K/D of that plane became like 3:1 when it normally is like a 1:1? Maybe it was someone else....just remember looking at the stats for the plane after I seen it.

Killed ya plenty.   So quit while you're behind.
We never had a fight....remember that. :ahand
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2016, 09:02:10 AM »
Valid argument. But would other rides tend to have better K/D because of the caliber of sticks that fly them???

Like the Spit IX has Bruv flying it (or used to) and I bet it's K/D was better then the 8 and 16 when he was strictly killing in that. Or whatever rides your in that month, don't they tend to have a higher K/D??? Wasn't it you flying c205s for a tour and the overall K/D of that plane became like 3:1 when it normally is like a 1:1? Maybe it was someone else....just remember looking at the stats for the plane after I seen it.

There are very few planes with so little usage a single player or even a small group of them could tilt the stats by so much.
While there are some planes which have their K/D significantly improved by having a cult following, genuine capability and, even more, combat role impact it even more. And as a rule of thumb, planes with a large following generally have somewhat lower K/D.

But if you look at the overall picture, the Brew has a very low A2A K/D for a pure fighter. If it really was such a marvellous LW fighter, it would mean that about every capable pilot in AH is avoiding to fly it it... which makes little sense.

And if you look at the specs, it's quite clear why. It lacks level  top speed, acceleration/climb rate and it quickly sheds speed after a dive. It needs a pretty good, disciplined and aware pilot to overcome  these limitations on a regular base.

Last, but no least, ENY value in game does not only reflect a theoretical capability based on raw performance figure, but even more the actual role, usage and impact a plane has in a particular arena. The Brew is a relatively little used dogfighter with even less success. (I will post another chart later today)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2016, 10:03:03 AM »
There are very few planes with so little usage a single player or even a small group of them could tilt the stats by so much.
While there are some planes which have their K/D significantly improved by having a cult following, genuine capability and, even more, combat role impact it even more. And as a rule of thumb, planes with a large following generally have somewhat lower K/D.

But if you look at the overall picture, the Brew has a very low A2A K/D for a pure fighter. If it really was such a marvellous LW fighter, it would mean that about every capable pilot in AH is avoiding to fly it it... which makes little sense.

And if you look at the specs, it's quite clear why. It lacks level  top speed, acceleration/climb rate and it quickly sheds speed after a dive. It needs a pretty good, disciplined and aware pilot to overcome  these limitations on a regular base.

Last, but no least, ENY value in game does not only reflect a theoretical capability based on raw performance figure, but even more the actual role, usage and impact a plane has in a particular arena. The Brew is a relatively little used dogfighter with even less success. (I will post another chart later today)
No need for chart...I believe you :) Might just have to fly it for a tour and see how my numbers turn out....been wanting to do this with a lot of planes but I get ADD and just want to fly something else...or up at a Vulch over and over.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »
As i said, fly the Brewster for a tour and see for yourself, not just upping from a vulched field but doing all the stuff you normally do.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2016, 04:31:20 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:41:02 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2016, 10:20:54 PM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:41:37 AM by Skuzzy »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2016, 08:47:46 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:41:52 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted