Author Topic: P-63 KingCobra......again  (Read 43556 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: P-63 KingCobra......again
« Reply #495 on: February 26, 2016, 02:28:18 PM »
Holes in the planes set   :bhead

Yes, HOLES. Because the P-63 adds nothing to the Main Arenas that other fighters don't already, and NEXT to nothing for events and scenarios. There's precisely ONE scenario in which its use can be justified (USSR vs. Japan). Whereas workhorse aircraft like the Beau are missing.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #496 on: February 26, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »
I miss quite a few planes in Arlo's nice picture.

Only in the FW190-series  I miss :

Fw190A9 , more than 900 produced
Fw190a6
Fw190a2
FW190G all G series planes

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #497 on: February 26, 2016, 02:50:17 PM »
I miss quite a few planes in Arlo's nice picture.

Only in the FW190-series  I miss :

Fw190A9 , more than 900 produced
Fw190a6
Fw190a2
FW190G all G series planes

Not to derail this thread, but the more widely produced A-3 would be reasonable for a A-2 as well. The A-6 can be had by allowing the Mg151 outer guns on the A-5. In my opinion, what we really need concerning the late A models 190s is a separate model for the A-8R8, which would be the only model with the 30mm, cowl mg delete, and armor plate and glass. The others (A-7,8,9) can be had with a corrected weight A-8 with only 20mm cannon options. The only 109G models needed are the G-6/AS and G-14/AS, and maybe the G-10 (the 20mm would be nice but the K-4 is at least comparable performance). What does need fixing on the existing 109 is putting the fixed tailwheel on the G-6.  :rolleyes:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »
... the P-63 adds nothing to the Main Arenas that other fighters don't already...

This could be said about any new offering.

...again, spending all that time developing a plane just for scenarios is, to put it bluntly,  a huge waist of development resources in game that doesn't have resources to spare.

Flight hours is a metric that matters, and the one you just keep ignoring.  P-63 will get plenty of use. That's why people keep asking for it.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »

...again, spending all that time developing a plane just for scenarios is, to put it bluntly,  a huge waist of development resources in game that doesn't have resources to spare.

Flight hours is a metric that matters, and the one you just keep ignoring.  P-63 will get plenty of use. That's why people keep asking for it.  :salute

An even BIGGER waste is development time on a plane that adds nothing to the mains AND has no use in scenarios.

Never mind the fact that by YOUR SAME ARGUMENT, if a plane like the Beau or Ki-45 are added, someone WILL fly it in the Mains.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:41:01 PM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #500 on: February 26, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »

Mnooooo. That was the point. That could not be said about any new offering.

If that were true then HT would have just modeled the P-63 to begin with and saved themselves a lot of time and effort. Speaking of time and effort, they're still busy with the game update (which looks like it may offer a battleship - now there's an impressive addition).

Some people ask for it. Not many. A few. About as many as ask for a Spanish Civil War arena. ;)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #501 on: February 26, 2016, 04:00:34 PM »
Some people ask for it. Not many. A few.

And it's the same few on top of that.