Author Topic: GRaphics card help.  (Read 357 times)

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
GRaphics card help.
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:40:27 AM »
Here are my specs.

Windows 7 Intel core i5-3570 @ 3.40 GHZ 3.80 GHz

12 GB RAM

64- bit system

Nvidia Ge Force GTX 650 Ti
The card has 1 gb memory I believe.  Then again I am not sure. 
It says 2048 mb gddr 5  dedicated video memory.     

I would like to upgrade my card and be cheap about it!   I hAve researched and figured out I know nothing still. 

Looking at the nvidia gtx  1050 ti.
Seems to have good reviews and is inexpensive. (I need new stick as well)

But am I downgrading? Should I get something higher then 128 bit?

700 watt power supply  and it says pci express x16 gen 3.   I bought it from a kid who put it together .   I run aces high and DCS.     Any help would be appreciated!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: GRaphics card help.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
The 1050Ti is relatively a similar card than your 650 Ti, meaning there's a couple of more powerful, more expensive cards in the series. However, there's a lot of new technology involved, so the energy efficiency has improved as well as the overall performance. It should run AH3 very well on a single 1080p/60 Hz screen with quite a lot of eye candy.

It should also fit your system even better than the current card since the rest of your system dates closer to the new card than the old one. The new 10## cards have been successfully installed to much older systems.

If you're hesitant, the GTX 1060 3 GB might not be too much more expensive, depending on brand. Either way, based on benchmarks and comments here the performance boost will be highly noticeable.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
Re: GRaphics card help.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:25:31 AM »
The performance boost with the 1060 will be highly noticeable?  That's the way I am taking it ..  thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk