Author Topic: A DOA Request  (Read 393 times)

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
A DOA Request
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »
I can't imagine anyone else will support this, but here goes:

I love WWII aircraft. I love looking at them. And when I'm flyig in AH, I like to pretend that I'm really in one of them.

So it's a shame that I never get to see any aircraft up close - especially the one I'm flying.

It would be great to have a feature where, when I select my A/C and go to take off, an animation plays of the A/C on the tarmac, approaching it, the canopy sliding, open, and then I'm in the cockpit.

Even better, I'd like to be able to walk to the A/C from the the tower, do a walkaround, then climb in.

For those who treat AH like a FPS, I am ready to be flamed. For those of you who love the planes - built them as models as a kid, etc., well, you know what I'm talking about.

-Mutha

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: A DOA Request
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 10:35:28 PM »
I have a memory of AH doing that long ago.  I don't think the canopy would slide open, though.

I usually do a walkaround of my chosen a/c when after I've spawned on the runway.  Hit F4 then F8, and you're in external view and you can pan around the aircraft, and zoom in and out too, with the '[' and ']' keys, I think.   You can even hit 'x' for auto take off and stay in external view until the wheels leave the ground.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:37:42 PM »
I have a memory of AH doing that long ago.

Heh.  Mutha has that memory, too.  He's just joking.  It was one of the most irritating aspects of the original AH, because you had to sit there and watch the whole thing, time after time.

- oldman

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:49:19 AM »
Oh for those days in WW1 Arena, where we could call in arty strikes, or go balloon busting, and Zeplin chasing...  :old:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 08:04:22 AM »

Heh.  Mutha has that memory, too.  He's just joking.  It was one of the most irritating aspects of the original AH, because you had to sit there and watch the whole thing, time after time.

- oldman

Ha!  He got me then!   IIRC there was a speed adjustment too.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 08:47:29 AM »
And the runway vulchers would have a field day.

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 11:59:30 AM »

- oldman

I guess I'm old enough to have lost that memory! I  honestly forgot that this was possible, and that it was in the original AH (AW?)

Thanks for reminding me though - I'll do it in the future.

-Mutha