Author Topic: Constant game freezes this morning. Game is unplayable  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Constant game freezes this morning. Game is unplayable
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »
Like I said before, getting 3% usage when the system should be at 0% can cause all manner of problems.  You have to find the bad application doing that and shut it down.

There is nothing we can do when we cannot count on resources being available when they should be.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 09:08:57 AM »
Like I said before, getting 3% usage when the system should be at 0% can cause all manner of problems.  You have to find the bad application doing that and shut it down.

There is nothing we can do when we cannot count on resources being available when they should be.

You're saying that 97% of free usage is not enough to run AH on an overclocked CPU running 4.6GHz? I just did the create a new settings folder again and it seems to be working again for a little while. I don't know what is corrupting the game.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 09:14:07 AM »
It is not about the amount of usage, it is about an application running when nothing should be running.  It is a bad application doing that and there is no way to know what resources are being impacted by it.

We have no control over being interrupted by bad applications in the Windows environment.

Files being corrupted usually means there is something interfering with normal file I/O operations.  Something, possibly, intercepting those operations and causing the corruption.

Normal Windows 7 machines have half the number of background processes running than your computer does.  I have no idea what has been installed on that computer outside the normal Windows background processes.  There is not way to accurately gauge the impact all those background processes can have.  All I know is this.  It is not normal, by a large margin and the impact that many processes can have is innumerable.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 09:14:48 AM »
So literally a minute after I posted I get a BSOD.  :rofl Even your forums aren't working right (sarcasm). Time to start shopping for parts for a new PC build.  :salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 09:18:55 AM »
Let me put this in perspective for you.  I have over 80 applications installed on my home personal computer and yet there are only 34 background processes running.

How in the world does your computer have 70 background processes running on it?

Buying another computer may not solve your problem if you are not aware of how all those background processes got installed in the first place.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 09:26:18 AM »
I built this computer in 2010 or 2011. A lot of applications have been installed over the last 7 years especially for school. MS office full suite, Photoshop, Lightroom, VS2010 for CObol, VS2013, Codeblocks, eclipse, netbeans, work PLC applications, etc etc. My computer has had over 70 processes running on it for years and I've never encountered this problem. Also no other program encounters this problem. Photo processing takes up a lot of resources and I don't have any issues. I agree with you that its definitely on my end I just don't understand how nothing else seems to suffer the way AH does. There is no way every single player is playing with a fresh install OS computer.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 10:54:02 AM »
It might just be that the other programs do their stuff so much slower that the issues don't occur. AH writes and rewrites data continuously during the game so a collision is much more potential than with for example Office or Photoshop. Why it hasn't happened earlier might be like the single straw breaking the camel's back. But all this is just educated guessing, it may be a ton of other things.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 11:03:52 AM »
Silver, try going to

www.blackviper.com

He offers several different ways to set up and tweak Windows 7

Plus even offers an .exe file people can download to shutdown processes and services, if a person does not feel comfortable going in and cleaning up and tweaking their OS manually

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC