Author Topic: is it cheating?  (Read 2082 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: is it cheating?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 09:52:19 AM »
I also did better when I turned the tracers off. For me, it forced instinct shooting rather than looking at the tracers. With them off, I was using the reticle rings and canopy frames to lineup shots. I was less likely to do that when I had them on. For me it was automatic, pretty neat.

I recommend trying it to everyone. Give it a few hours to get used to it.

After a few months I turned them back on because I missed the pretty lights, but benefitted from things I learned with them off.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 10:11:11 AM »
I usually keep them off since I can’t hit anything with them on anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »
:furious I need to learn that trick..might keep me from getting RUD3-ed  :uhoh  I just KNEW I would regret that little thing I did :rofl  I still had my bombs---noone gave me a Check 6---field ack pinged me up---ok, I NEVER SAW YA  :uhoh But was I psychic OR WHAT  :devil OK note to self: Kill the Rud3...dont return in SAME PLANE :bolt:  Most fun I have had in weeks, always nice to mix it up with you Sir  :rock
Hey thanks bud.  :cheers:
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »
If your using the lead computing gunsight, keep them off so folks dont notice you landing killshots with 3 bullet bursts... :noid

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
I always thought the server side CM file suppressed any admin dot text commands unless your logon credentials were "Hitech". Or Hitech has a special version of the game and ours don't have those controls in the code. Who would be silly enough t leave something like that laying around to be found...... :rolleyes:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 09:45:15 PM »
You mean you guys get to actually pull the trigger at the plane you're fighting?? What's that feel like? I'm still waiting for my chance....
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 01:24:12 AM »
After a good stick stir kill they always, always, ALWAYS message "I was AFK."
:aok :rofl Yup! Almost like with a pilot wound. YOU will blackout on final approach! I tend to laugh at this. I am a relative noob but I still know better than to flop around. They slow down and make it impossible to NOT get saddled up. Love those guys  :devil Thing is...even folk that I believe dont need to do this, just end up getting killed because of it. Most times its against planes that could easily stay out of my reach. Just plain ole funny
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain