Author Topic: New Installer Test  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: New Installer Test
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2018, 06:09:21 AM »
Those of you who are having problems. 

Are you running any type of anti-xxxx software?  Disable it, if you can, before you start the download.
If you are running anti-xxxx software, which one?
What operating system are you running?  If you are running Windows 10, make sure you are not getting an update from Microsoft before you try and update the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
Those of you who are having problems. 

Are you running any type of anti-xxxx software?  Disable it, if you can, before you start the download.
If you are running anti-xxxx software, which one?
What operating system are you running?  If you are running Windows 10, make sure you are not getting an update from Microsoft before you try and update the game.

Im running WIN7 and use Avira for my anti-xxxx software.

I turned off Avira and started the download again. The first 25-30 MB downloads in a few seconds (over 1 MB a second), then it will slow to about 100-130 KB a sec for the rest of the download.

Also, I flew with DX11 version last night and had a number of freezes and switched back to the DX9 version.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »
Bustr, are you saying we can customize the Hat switch positions for each aircraft?

You can change your views of each cockpit that correspond to the numpad key combinations. When you hit F10 it generates an hps text file in the planes directory. If you delete that file all your views return to the default from a first time install. If you use TR in more than 2-axis mode this won't matter while in VR I think you can map a rear 6 view to a key. I use TR in 2-axis mode which uses the views from the hps file as I pan my head around.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2018, 01:18:11 AM »
Skuzzy told me to download AH11134000ld.EXE 2nd try and it worked. I'M BACK!
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »
No need to split it.  Just ZIP it up.  It compresses really well.

I would rather see a DXDIAG output.

Are you running any anti-xxx software?  If so, which one?

Sorry Skuzzy, my video card died so I haven't been to get on... just got a new one...
will try today  :salute

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2018, 01:26:56 PM »
Started getting a few of the screen freezes but, not as many as before this patch test. They never happen offline and most seem to happen with loud noises, automated voices and VOX.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2018, 05:08:39 PM »
Started getting a few of the screen freezes but, not as many as before this patch test. They never happen offline and most seem to happen with loud noises, automated voices and VOX.
Same as with me...when alot of chatter mixed with explosions or gun fire..it WILL freeze up a bit(longest was 4 seconds).
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2018, 01:05:47 PM »
Ran the update as follows:

Download took 6 mins 45 secs to complete.
Stdshapes.res took 45 mins to install @ avg 607kB\sec which is about normal download speeds of any files of this size across my ADSL connection.

Game opens, runs fine & exits fine under both Dx9 & Dx11 API's.

Have Webroot SecureAnywhere for Gamers along w\ Win 10' Windows Defender anti-xxx running in tandem in the background.....no signs of interference seen or noted during this process.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd