Author Topic: ETOMA in Custom Arenas  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: ETOMA in Custom Arenas
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2022, 06:45:44 AM »
Testing and review of any new terrain requires just that, including flying against any country specific objects like flak and trains.

For that, the dot commands .sfield [base #] [country #] and .move [base #] are very useful where base # is exactly that and country # is 1,2 or 3.

.eplane 0 0 enables all rides everywhere.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2022, 09:05:08 PM »
Volron, points well taken. Moving the City Flaks closer is no problem, nor is adding an additional one. Will discuss with Oboe and make a final decision. Thank you very much for the constructive feedback.

Oboe as far as I know there is no difference in the puffy ack in the MA or in the Custom arenas, unless specifically set in the Arena tables by the originator.

Shuffler, first it is great to see you back again. Second thank you for the kind words. Hope you have a chance to check it out. It is available offline as well.

If possible: Not just the city flaks, but also bring in the the standard strat flak batteries as well.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2022, 10:54:46 PM »
Would be nice to have heavy flak around the city strats. Will promote low altitude carpet bombing which then also promotes quick intercept opportunities.

The map that's been up Friday and Saturday where all the strats are centralized with Flak bases surrounding it have been absolutely tearing me up at 25k. I've been losing 2-3 birds out of 6 every trip to the flak. Would like to see this in ETOMA over city strats. Make it hard for us dedicated bomber pilots so we have to switch it up... And don't have to bail after drop haha :kiss: :bolt: :rock
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:59:49 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2022, 07:11:09 AM »
When was the last map added to the rotation?

How many are pending AH review and acceptance now?

Maybe when/if this one is added to the list, the ones complained about the most here can be removed at that time...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2022, 09:17:39 AM »
I think NorthCo was the last one added, and that might've been a couple of years ago?

Kenai has at least one other map submitted - I *think* he submitted a map to update an existing map, but it has not been put in.

I'm hoping that if we generate some excitement and anticipation among players for the new ETOMA terrain, Hitech will pick up on that and put the map in the rotation.  I'm no longer hopeful for new aircraft, vehicles, or features.   Seems like we are more or less coasting now.   The game is still fun though and player contributed content like skins or terrains can provide at least a little refreshment.   Especially a new terrain, as the players will have to figure out the best strategies to conquer the map.

If an existing map has to be removed to make room for ETOMA, which one would you like to see removed, and why?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2022, 09:25:01 AM »
I don't know the names like some here do but any map where bases are further than 20 miles should go IMO as the numbers don't warrant a map any larger

The circular one that seems to be on every weekend forever is one IMO

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2022, 10:46:57 AM »
I found trains!    Warm up my P-38 or P-51 Loco buster

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2022, 11:07:19 AM »
Wouldn't it be sweet if Railyards were added?  :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »

Yes, it would.  I think Buster was playing around with that at one time.  I don't think they were functional, but he did have multiple track branches, and possibly cars on the sidings?   They looked the part.

Would also like ports with visiting freighters docked and unloading into warehouses, and rail sidings at the warehouses which connect to the main tracks.   Would be cool to have tunnels and destroyable RR bridges too.     

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2022, 07:35:43 AM »

I think the snow map used in Monday Night Madness has a train station and an ack train in...

I have destroyed some buildings in it before that seemed to be buildings right next to the tracks...

Eagler