Author Topic: Texas politics is scary  (Read 1573 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Texas politics is scary
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2022, 09:09:10 PM »
I can't speak for semp, but in Georgia, it's simple.  Now, Ga. has passed the 'Constitutional carry law' which says you can carry openly without a permit.  Personally, I think that is BS and here's why.  In order to get my weapons carry permit, it used to be called a 'concealed weapons permit,' I had to be finger printed and my name and finger prints were run through the GCIC (Georgia Criminal Information Center) and the NCIC (National Criminal Information Center).  In addition, the weapons carry permits are for five years, but....  If you are arrested on a felony charge, the local Sheriff will come get all of your guns.  If you are listed as the 'assailant' in a domestic violence protection order, the Sheriff will come get your guns.

So, what the permit means to me is that, when a LEO sees my permit, he knows I'm clean.  Squeaky clean. 

In Georgia, then, you don't need a permit to open carry, but if you do have a permit, it gives any LEO you encounter a good reference on your behavior.

As for California, well, IMHO California is wacko.  If you want to carry a pistol, talk to your local Sheriff's Office.  Yeah, I get it that it's probably different in your county than it is in mine.  We have one red light and a population of 5000 +/- and I went to high school with the Sheriff. 

Internet research could probably answer most of your questions, but talking to someone live will save you lots of time.

So you got the permit but now it's not required?

Yes, California politics are whacko. The state is run by complete nut jobs. Democrats control the governor’s office, every statewide elected office, both U.S. Senate seats, 42 of 53 congressional districts and hold a supermajority in both houses of the state Legislature. Also, races can be decided between two Democrats - they allow the candidates with the most votes to run it off, regardless of party. So a race could be down to a Democrat vs another Democrat.

California is beyond whacko.

Arizona has allowed open or concealed carry with no permit required. It's been that way for at least 15 years. Before that it was open carry with no permit and conceal carry with a permit, which was given to anyone who passed the course. Last time I visited, I went to bar to meet family and friends. My girlfriend walked me to my car and she had her gun in her purse.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2022, 09:52:37 PM »
So then you don't carry a gun then.  Fair enough.

I don't carry shoes but I do have a pair when I go out.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2022, 09:57:35 PM »
That doesn't make sense.

When people say they carry a gun, that means they carry the gun with them. You said you carry a gun. You might carry a gun, but that would be illegal. Or you might have a gun that you keep at  home - which is not carrying a gun.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2022, 10:00:27 PM »
That doesn't make sense.

When people say they carry a gun, that means they carry the gun with them. You said you carry a gun. You might carry a gun, but that would be illegal. Or you might have a gun that you keep at  home - which is not carrying a gun.

you carry tools to do your job.  do you carry them on you all the time?

semp

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2022, 10:06:05 PM »
you carry tools to do your job.  do you carry them on you all the time?

semp

What Gina said. Don't try to confuse the issue....... :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2022, 10:07:33 PM »
oh, come on.

You cannot legally carry gun at any time in California. You can only transport one directly to your car in a locked gun case and then only right to your destination. You can't even keep a gun locked in your car. You can only have one in your car if you are directly transporting it  from point A to point B.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2022, 10:52:32 PM »
“Gun owners allowed to carry handguns without permits or training.“ 

Oh my the horror  :bolt:

The author needs to qualify and define training.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2022, 01:03:22 AM »
We can't have the peasants owning guns.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2022, 01:12:24 AM »
We can't have the peasants owning guns.

you a peasant?  that's disconcerting

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2022, 01:49:32 AM »
just to avoid another post. have you had a problem getting a gun in california?

assuming you are allowed to have one.

semp

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2022, 02:18:49 AM »
Maddona has gun protection

She is more important than you lot

Biden has gun protection which is silly because know one knows if he is still living.

You voted for that  :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2022, 06:10:00 AM »
I'm just going to lay out my thoughts here.

First of all I have real concerns about having untrained and not 'current' people running around willy nilly with firearms on their hips.  Since the law for open carry passed I've seen way too many knuckleheads that I wouldn't trust with a potato gun on their hip or tucked into their belt (stupid) out in public. There have been way too many times that, had I have been of the mind, I could have just walked up behind some dude and disarmed him before he knew what was happening (unsecured in holster, the aforementioned in the belt, etc.)

That said I will probably start carrying once I meet with a friend of mine who does combat training for a couple of weekends in a row and do quite a bit of range practicing but not until I am very confident that if a combat situation erupts around me I can hit the miscreant I'm aiming at and not grandma or little Suzie by accident. 

I even had concerns about people with CCP's that never practiced with their weapon, probably never cleaned it, and so on but they felt 'safer' because they had it with them. I certainly didn't fee 'safer' around them. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2022, 06:22:37 AM »
Haven't looked it up but something tells me more people die today from gun violence than in the day where they wore their six shooters in plain view..

Guns are the issue folks its the record mental illness issues based off attention starved little egos

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2022, 06:57:18 AM »
Yes!

No fathers in the home creates loons…fact

Screaming cheaters indicates lack of parental boundaries

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario