Author Topic: Alright, I give in, let's turn AH into online SWOTL  (Read 508 times)

Offline Brazos

• Zinc Member
Alright, I give in, let's turn AH into online SWOTL
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2000, 09:34:00 PM »
Hidy banana,

Enjoy the hot rods and lack of a silly RPS while you can. Soon, very soon, we'll have historical terrains from the Editors and we'll all get the match ups we long for. I kinda like the forums having so few squeaking about otto, uberplanes (poor F4U-C), lack of strat, etc. I think things are cooking along quite nicely for only a year in bidness.

We sure have a unique plane set to choose from. That's nice. Been there and done that with the standard WWII craft for sooo long. WWIIOL is gonna have the early stuff, I'd vote for AH to try some late war toys. Like a Yak 9U, P-47M, P-61, Ki-46, J2M, Me-323, Ki-61ll, Ju-188, He-219, A-26, D-520, and the Ar-234. Time for something completely different!  

Offline SnakeEyes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2000, 10:15:00 PM »
Pragmatic and positive.  I like it banana.

------------------
SnakeEyes
o-o-o-
=4th Fighter Group=

Offline Skorpyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2000, 02:18:00 AM »
Awww heck... I have never flown a sim before this one (well, I won't count many missions in Red Baron 1) and I haven't had the luxury of becoming burned out on the "other guys" product.  I really have no desire to fly experimental or prototype or whatever craft, at least not in the MA.  I thouroughly enjoy the craft here (I won't go on and on about the one glaring exception), and look forward to the planned additions to the planeset.  My totally worthless and unsolicited opinion is keep all the uber/x/proto/etc. stuff in its own arena.  Let everybody go fly their alphabet soup dream planes, and leave the MA and any HA's for those of us who try to attempt some sense of realism.  Maybe after a few years of playing AH I might be burnt to the point of looking for some arcade style enhancement to "spice it up", but for now let's stay in what was the real world.  WW2OL is vapor as far as I am concerned.. I know it will be real eventually, but I have been much more impressed with the progress here.  I just would hate to see it go to crap for the sake of upping the "entertainment" value.  Although, maybe they could add some of those dancing strippers like in Duke Nukem... I bet that would attract more customers in droves!  Of course, there would be the endless arguments over whether the lateral movement of silicone implants on a dancer was modeled correctly or not, but I guess there's no avoiding it!    

------------------
Skorpyon
I/JG2 ~Richthofen~
"Feel the Sting......"

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2000, 04:53:00 AM »
SWOTL was fun ... but NEVER EVER did it beat BoB  

Bring in all the H111, Do17's, Spit 1s, Hurricans, 109Es, Ju87s, Me110
oh yae and give me the english coast with radar installations to trash  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2000, 05:39:00 AM »

Originally posted by Duckwing6:

Bring in all the H111, Do17's, Spit 1s, Hurricans, 109Es, Ju87s, Me110
oh yae and give me the english coast with radar installations to trash  

AND WHAT ABOUT JU88?!?!?!? that was my favorite bomber ride in BoB...I got all medals and the highest graduation in Ju88...until one day I saw that Ju88 could do divebombing attacks...I tried it and I crashed, dying <G>

that was a funny end to my best simulator career...damnit