Author Topic: Smack Talkers and Pottymouths...  (Read 296 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Smack Talkers and Pottymouths...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2002, 12:01:43 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Why can't all of us be cool like you?! :(

Sounds like you need a few more years under your belt before you get there.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2002, 12:06:15 PM »
Hey! He's got a joke!  How do you do it? What's up?

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2002, 12:34:11 PM »
A smack talker is just the 180 of a whiner, usually trying to elicit a whine. They are really no different, just different agendas. I'll squelch a smack talker as fast I will squech a whiner.

There should be more salutes on CH 1 than all the other alternatives.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2002, 12:39:05 PM »
Of course you guys ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!  You fly LA-7's and grumble when shot down by the former, THEY are the dweeb.  I see how it is :rolleyes:

Enjoy.  keep whining.  I would love to see you play sports, BUT I bet that's different huh?  Did you run off when a little trash talk commenced?

Karaya2
« Last Edit: August 16, 2002, 12:41:21 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2002, 12:39:39 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
There should be more salutes on CH 1 than all the other alternatives.

Agreed, but this is AH we talking about :)  Sadly, if I ever forget to squelch 1 on logging in, I am quickly reminded to do so within a few minutes.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2002, 12:42:16 PM »
Amen Turbot, me too.

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2002, 01:07:15 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Of course you guys ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!  You fly LA-7's and grumble when shot down by the former, THEY are the dweeb.  I see how it is :rolleyes:

Enjoy.  keep whining.  I would love to see you play sports, BUT I bet that's different huh?  Did you run off when a little trash talk commenced?

Karaya2

Played many sports in my younger day and still participate in a few. I love to play against smack talkers ... just makes me play that much harder. And in the end, when they lose, they always they turn out to be the biggest whiners of them all. They got a million excuses why ...

If your good, then let your actions do the smack talkin' ... or are smack talker just afraid that no one will notice ?

Never seen Mathman talk smack ... never seen DmdDano talk smack ... never seen iceMAW talk smack ... never seen Lephturn talk smack ... there are many more. Their skills and kill messages do the talking.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2002, 01:10:39 PM »
Me too, and I'll rib them a sentence or two and .  What's the big deal? Do I sit there and constantly sit there with no life and rib someone for a couple of MINUTES?  Hell, no.

Karaya2

Cussing on OPEN CHANNELS is another story.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2002, 01:25:13 PM »
Ahhh ... the key is the . :D

You are NOT a smack talker ... just an bellybutton buster ... now we're talking. That I can relate to.

Mash
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2002, 01:32:30 PM »
I misunderstood you Slap, I'll bust yer bellybutton when I shoot you down :D
I would ONLY expect the same when the opposite happens. :D

Honest, I rarely do it and when I do the ALWAYS, ALWAYS comes out.

Slap, see ya up there!

I usually make it a point to single out the cocky "stick".  I've been playing for just over 5 months.  This ding-dong, went beyond "ass-busting" and was an "ass" instead.  Figured out where he was upping from.  He upped a F4U-4.  I upped a Jug, stayed on the deck, the love muffin was putting on a show for me, inverted IN FRONT OF ME, and I shredded the perkie to bits, until combustion.  Did the to him, his response?  Just guessing, tail between his legs and no response.

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2002, 01:35:43 PM »
Guys, I see it this way...

Smack talk, for some is a part of the game and they enjoy it. That's cool and they have every right to do so.

OTOH, I prefer not to watch nor listen to most forms of smack talk, that's my right also.

What I'm asking for is a way to squelch the smack talkers out of my text buffer w/o having to type their names from a growing list each and every time I log on....that is all.

The pottymouths are just another good reason to have the perma squelch option...but I agree that peer pressure needs to be used to change the mindset of the offenders.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2002, 01:45:22 PM by MrLars »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2002, 01:46:00 PM »
Sorry Lars ... got a little off track.

Excellent idea ... I don't like to completely squelch CH 1 and for the reasons you describe and being too lazy I don't usually squelch those that need to be squelched each time I log in.

This idea could be expanded to allow any dot command to be entered into a text files like ...

"login_MA.cfg, login_OFF.cfg and login_CT.cfg"

and parsed and executed at login. Kinda like the "autoexe.bat" concept. This would give it a broader scope.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2002, 02:14:33 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Sorry Lars ... got a little off track.

NP, when people have a passion for a hobby or game it's easy to get sidetracked.

Excellent idea ... I don't like to completely squelch CH 1 and for the reasons you describe and being too lazy I don't usually squelch those that need to be squelched each time I log in.

This idea could be expanded to allow any dot command to be entered into a text files like ...
[/QUOTE]

Someone else made a good suggestion in another thread, include a friends list so that you can be notified when one of your buds logs on. This would be good for dweeb hunts as well as some friendly duels in the MA.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2002, 02:36:26 PM »
I've never once seen anything on Ch.1 that makes up for all the blather and nonsense that consistently hogs the text buffer.

Before I even look at the map on login, the first thing I type is /.squelch 1.  

11 Keystrokes to a blissful gaming experience.

I've had squadmates tell me, "Muck, XXX is talking smack about you on channel 1"

My response? I've got nothing to say to them, nor do I care to listen.

So if I bag you, or you get me, don't waste your time typing.

I'm NEVER listening.