Author Topic: Veteran COs....  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Veteran COs....
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2002, 09:19:51 AM »
I find that assigning one of my squadies to watch radio traffic is very helpfull. With so much going on, it's easy for a side CO to miss things in the green, especially if you have set up a CO channel (I like to set up a seperate channel for the squad COs to communicate with me, but sometimes it's overkill) but having an extra set of eyes going over the text really helps.  Also, the great thing about TOD is the squad support structure. You can generally trust the squad COs to choose the best loadouts to accomplish their missions.  

Lastly, and it doesn't apply to this camp so much, if you have moving targets (ie, incoming raids, or carriers) I like to print out a large map on 8.5/11 paper with the grids on it. It really helps me keep track of what is where, especially when you have limited or no radar.  

-Sikboy

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Veteran COs....
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2002, 09:40:40 AM »
punt, good info in here if you volunteered for a frame CO...

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Veteran COs....
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2002, 03:23:16 PM »
Just a reminder, when I give TOD objectives to you as a Frame CO, I almost always group the squads together to form pretty much equal flights (based off of minimum commitment).

So if I give you Flight A, B, C, and D, you can pretty much be sure that those are equal flights on paper.  Of course, there's no telling who's going to actually show up on the min and max sides of their commitments so things can get FUBAR fast.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Veteran COs....
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2002, 07:13:08 PM »
Originally posted by Nifty
Of course, there's no telling who's going to actually show up on the min and max sides of their commitments so things can get FUBAR fast.

Although it's not a perfect system either, I like to use last weeks headcount to project this weeks numbers. I think it's a little more accurate than going by the broad commitment numbers, but it can still be a bit off.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.