Author Topic: Got young kids? Whats their costumes for Halloween?  (Read 705 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Got young kids? Whats their costumes for Halloween?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2002, 12:23:11 PM »
I dunno, but that Dorothy costume is makin me feel ..... well like .... I'd like to be one o them winged monkeys.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2002, 12:29:49 PM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng

I can introduce you two but uh.. she's married with children

In todays STD world, thats even better yet! ;)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2002, 12:34:04 PM »
LOL tahgut.. :)

yeah I know the feeling.. the scarecrow had more than just straw in his costume...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2002, 12:39:03 PM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng
LOL tahgut.. :)

yeah I know the feeling.. the scarecrow had more than just straw in his costume...

OUCH! Watch out for splinters, Dorathy! ;)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2002, 02:02:37 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Wlfgng I was really hoping that was your wife;)

If so Airhead could just open mouth...and insert foot.:D

Actually I WAS hoping it was Wlfgng's significant other's picture. Nobody gets fired up and spews venom anymore and I thought it might be fun to have Wulfie go off on me. Oh well...

Nick, if it's your boss she should dress this year  as a Dominatrix and you could dress as her slave, complete with mouth ball. I can't wait to see the pics:)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2002, 03:06:46 PM »
A tasteful recommendation:  Pimps & Hoes

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2002, 12:58:14 PM »
lmoa airhead!.. hehe

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2002, 01:49:57 PM »
Ok, when I first responded to this thread, I was joking about what I was going to make for my son.  To recap, my wife is dressing him as a fox (he is 5 months old), so I joked that I was going to build a tank for him to sit in (w/ desert camo) so he could be Rommel.

After I wrote that, I started thinking about it.

And thinking about it.

And now, because of some stupid joke I made, I can't get it out of my head.  So last night, I started building it.  I went to Home Depot and got caster wheels and bolts, then when I got home I started hot gluing and cutting.  I've got the turret built, the engine compartment is done, and the front armor.  I'm halfway done building the treads.

It's four feet long, maybe three feet wide so far, and solid.  

I will post pictures as soon as I finish and paint it.

Oh, the things we do for our kids....

(Who am I kidding?  He's 5 months old, I'm doing this for ME!)
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2002, 11:39:43 PM »
Pashaw...what's all this religious Bible-thumping roadkill. All I used to understand about Halloween is that me and my brother used to have fun all night. We'd go until we couldn't anymore and eat the candy for a solid year. There was never any religion brought into it...we knew what the origional festival was, but we didn't care...it was a time to have fun.

Christmas and Easter...the so called "Christian" holidays...means absolutely nothing to me on the religious level. I never gave a damn about anything in church and whatnot...I had fun with relatives...some from England in a few cases. These holidays were times to just enjoy yourself outside of normal constraints of daily life.

Now we see all that;s happened to these holidays. Halloween is no longer "fun" per se...it's a safty and paranoid issue. But...still...religion should not play a part in ANY child's life IMO. Like George Carlin said, "The only good thing to come out of religion was the music." I challenge anyone to read or listen to what Carlin says about religion and tell me if it isn't true.

Anyways...back to your regularly schedualed thread.

BTW...it's bad manners to yell "Devil worshiper!!!!!" to any trick-or-treaters on Halloween.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2002, 11:41:46 PM by texace »

Offline Moloch

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2002, 08:33:43 AM »
Here's Innomin8's costume this year....

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2002, 09:20:58 AM »
when my boy (now 17) was 5 I made him and his best freind (single mom, dad lived out of state) 'ninja turtle' costumes.  they where 100 times better than what you could buy.  carved out of foam rubber.  very cool costumes if I do say so myself.

anyway I bust my bellybutton to make these costumes around a 7 days a week and 12 hours a days work schedual.  so a day or 2 before halloween this kids (the freind) dad shows up out of nowhere and takes him back to his house for a week.  very cool that the kid gets to spend some time with his dad for a change but it really sucked for my son, with his partner having to bail on him. he wasn't looking forward to going by himself 'the turltle's are a team'

I hated seeing my son so bummed and I told some freinds I worked with about it.  so one of them says "to hell with that, we aren't letting this crap screw up Josh's halloween"

so anyway the 3 of us go increase the size of my pattern and make 3 adult size costumes just like my sons.  we took the night off work and took the kid out. he loved it.

I wish we'd taken pictures.  my wife came home from work afterwards (maybe 3am) and the kids passed out on the floor. and here are 3 construction workers, hair braided halfway to our ass, full beards, 2 of 'm are smoking, 5th of wiskey on the table. dressed like ninja turtles.  she had no idea we where making the suits, kinda freaked her out.

all in all great fun

btw- we got some really ineresting looks going into a topless bar in the suits too.  one of my buddies got a free table dance.  she said she always wanted to see if she could turn on a super hero.