Author Topic: I hope they fix VOX in 1.11  (Read 343 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Possible Fix
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2002, 12:53:46 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
I just spoke to Skuzzy, they know about it, and they are working on it, but they are having a hard time duplicating it.

He suggested:

Run DirectXDiag, Click Sound, and Drop your hardware acceleration to 3/4 or "one notch" as he put it.

He assured me the game will rnu smoother, and this seems to fix much of the VOX problems.

What other company can you call tech support and get a guy who actually knows what he's doing, on the phone in less than 60 seconds? That's AH's selling feature right there.

Thanks Muckmaw, will give that a try and report back in a few days.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
I hope they fix VOX in 1.11
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2002, 12:57:18 PM »
SB Live! 1024 Value here... no problems with AH... never... ever....

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2002, 01:03:49 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Anyone who owns an SB Live! has a sound card problem.  Makes me wish I had gotten something else.

SB Live here - no issues of any kind at any time.

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2002, 01:29:13 PM »
Originally posted by Midnight

Question: Does ANYONE have +20dB not checked, and/or their Microphone volume slider not cranked all the way up?

I have the +20dB checked but the mic volume slider is only 1/2 up the scale.  My squadies have no trouble hearing me (or so they say).  They could be lying so they don't have to listen to me babble :D

Offline TheCage

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2002, 01:35:46 PM »
I use to have problems with vox but remembered a fix they had for WWIIOL for a similar sound problem.   Check your sound cards acceleration and move it down one notch.   You may have to move it down to no acceleration depending on your sound card.   Sometimes reducing the number of voices on your card works too.   I lowered the acceleration on my SB Live card one notch and no longer lose vox no matter what arena I am in.   It's worth a try and less expensive then buying a new card that may or may not have the same problem.

Cage
VMF-27 Blackcats

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2002, 01:54:25 PM »
I've had some problems with VOX dropping on my Monster MX300, but really it seems to be a problem with my software firewall. When I turn off the firewall I never have a problem, when I have it running, then sometimes I lose VOX, though only sometimes.

A reboot is the only way to fix it, which is annoying.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2002, 04:05:16 PM »
Originally posted by Midnight
412th members have many differnt brands and models of cards. VOX drops out for us also.

I highly doubt this is sound card related (although possible)

Perhaps a data packet size problem with certain cards?

Happens to us at all differnt times. SOmetimes in the middle of someone talking, and it leaves that person's Icon up on the Rx window. Other times it just drops out when no one is talking. Sometimes it drops out for a while and then comes back.

The +20db Boost problem is probably sound card related, but makes no sense anyway.

Question: Does ANYONE have +20dB not checked, and/or their Microphone volume slider not cranked all the way up?

Seems to me you should be able to over-modulate, rather than have to almost scream into the mic in order to let people hear you.

I just assume HTC get rid of VOX all together if they aren't going to fix it. With VOX not working, we tried switching back to TeamSpeak, but the AH Vox screws that all up too.

HTC, please fix it or remove it. At the very least, ackwoledge there is still a problem with it and tell us that you are working on it.

I have 20db boost UNCHECKED and vol way up...

sounds much better to squaddies that way....(clearer)

i use SBlive audigy 5.1

ALL of my squad has the vox bug... JB42 drops about 3-4x per night (dont know what sound card but prolly integrated ... he IS on DSL though) i have the bug where a name stays in the corner....

most all of these VOX freezes happen when a "range" player and a squadmate key up over eachother....

another problem i alone seem to have is the entire sound of the game suddenly goes like to about half... but this is a rare instance (like 3-4x in past 3 months)

i have recorded this and on the film i hear myself doing MIC checks and getting returns 5x5 they all hear me and my film records them... i believe that is what makes it a tough 1 for HTC to figure out.

oh well my 2¢
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Turn Down Sound Card Acceleration
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2002, 04:16:21 PM »
Originally posted by TheCage
I use to have problems with vox but remembered a fix they had for WWIIOL for a similar sound problem.   Check your sound cards acceleration and move it down one notch.   You may have to move it down to no acceleration depending on your sound card.   Sometimes reducing the number of voices on your card works too.   I lowered the acceleration on my SB Live card one notch and no longer lose vox no matter what arena I am in.   It's worth a try and less expensive then buying a new card that may or may not have the same problem.

Cage
VMF-27 Blackcats

Yep... I posted this same issue in one of the other forums and the answer was turn down acceleration a notch.  I tried it and "BANG BANG BANG"   I haven't lost vox yet.  :D

Here's to hoping!
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline brendo

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2002, 04:38:22 PM »
My VOX was fine until about 2 weeks ago, then it continually drops out. Then it works again a bit, then goes. I though my mic had died.

I havnt changed anything since. I also have decresed the acceleration by 1, i will try lowering again.

If that doesnt work, iI'll remove the live card, and go back to the onboard sound to test it out.

Anyone know why the last Live drivers were released in 5/2001 and none newer are available?

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2002, 04:52:20 PM »
SB and AH I have not had a problem, but with other games I have Thief 2 and GPL come to mind.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2002, 05:09:23 PM »
Originally posted by narsus
SB and AH I have not had a problem, but with other games I have Thief 2 and GPL come to mind.

WOW i didnt know anyone else knew the game Thief II

it was fun for quite a while but i never could find like 3 of the "secrets" :(
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2002, 05:32:05 PM »
I've had this happen on a couple of occasions. These have ONLY been during massive co-operation missions in the MA, say about 10 people or more, with lots of bomber formations on the screen. In other words, where my frame rate drops to low teens or so. I don't recall ever loosing AHV during jabo or fighter missions.  Framerates are much better then.

The symptoms are that someone's name gets "stuck" (yellow, "radio 5" channel) in the top right corner and I cant hear anyone. Not even the one whose "name is stuck". I can transmit fine and others can hear me.

When this happens, I'm usually not the only one. A couple of other guys usually loose AHV as well.

Like I said, this has happened only on a couple of occasions under heavy CPU load. Not really a problem for me.  Re-starting AH is enough, I've never had to reboot.

I have a SB Live! soundcard. I have to give that "drop acceleration down a notch" a try.

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2002, 12:25:02 AM »
http://www.me109.net/forumabbeville/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=468

Pics of the settings that is suppose to help ( picture says a 1000 words ) . I changed the soundfont setting also , this might be a fix also .

For some reason webpages are loading faster now , I know it don't make any sense but it's happing .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2002, 01:17:37 AM »
Tried dropping sound acceleration down one notch from full, lost vox within 10 mins. Dropped it all the way down, didn't lose vox but sound was delayed too much. Cranked it up one notch from lowest setting and played for about 3 hours without losing vox. May try cranking it up another notch.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2002, 05:12:02 AM »
There was a problem with vox during one of ROCSTAR3's missions last night, and I was being told to unplug my mike because it was my name showing in the top corner.  Unplugged mike and it was still showing my name.  Tried relogging.... nobody could hear my vox, although I could hear them.  Rebooted, logged back in, still nobody could hear me.  I never did get my voice back again even after several reboots and relogging, and eventually gave up.

I have just tried Skuzzy's fix above, as I often do seem to lose vox anyway, and will see what happens.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun