Author Topic: Well hell, I'm bucking the trend because I like 1.11  (Read 256 times)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Well hell, I'm bucking the trend because I like 1.11
« on: December 18, 2002, 12:07:38 AM »
I don't fly much anymore, but I think the changes to 1.11 are awesome. The lighting effects are really nice. The cockpits lights at night and the bit brighter darkness make night really tolerable. I flew right through a darkness period and didn't even realize it. The new P51 skin is badassed. I can only hope we will see more of the older planes redone like this, because it looks awesome.

The perk balancing feature seems like a great idea. Reward those who choose to fly for outnumbered countries! It might make a few of the non-squad affiliated players to change and even things out. If not, oh well, its still a good idea. More perk planes for outnumbered countries might give them a fighting chance.

Overall I think its a great update. The only thing I'd like to see are some new terrains.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 12:12:20 AM »
I'm sorry, Sir, but you are not allowed to complement HTC on this BBS.

Please edit your post to add a significant amount of negativity. Something along the lines of "the sky is falling" or "LOOK OUT! We're all gonna DIE!" would be appropriate.

If you persist in this optimisitic, positive behavior, we shall have to send some folks around to rough up your thread a bit. Now you don't want that, do you?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Carry on.

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 02:21:20 AM »
I agree, Raub.  I've been here since tour 3 and this is my favorite release.

I hope we NEVER have a major release again.  It's simply too darn hard for HTC to track all the bugs down and as a consequence, we have to listen to weeks of whining.

I like it!:  Attention to old problems; minor strat adjustments; 3 new planes and a new tank; adjustments to the terrains [not all strat adjustments - AKDesert has a new texture] and we haven't seen all of the terrains yet.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn the old Beta terrain is about to be re-introduced.

Super release, HTC - the best yet.

curly
« Last Edit: December 18, 2002, 02:24:21 AM by AKcurly »

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 02:54:30 AM »
Sure was nice to fly Tempests for 26 perkies and 262s for 100 perkies.  :D  Hell I think even the CHOG was down to around 3 or 4 at one point.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 03:22:15 AM »
Honestly, of all the patches -this is the one with the least amount of whining yet!

I just dont see this trend you allude to.

Im very happy with this version.  Hell, its more of a patch than a full blown release anyway.

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 03:27:30 AM »
The best part of this update is the improved netcode.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song