Author Topic: wulfies idea...  (Read 897 times)

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
wulfies idea...
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2003, 12:03:01 AM »
Just think of the last Pizza map reset last week, where us rooks were down to two or three fields.  It took the opposition over two hours to get the reset on us and our fuel was down to %50 - %25 for most of the time.  We would have been there for another week if we could use perks for ord, fuel or even goons.  Good idea for use of perks but it still would alter the gameplay too much.  You have to be able to wipe out the human component to cap the field.

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
wulfies idea...
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2003, 12:20:06 AM »
Originally posted by MotorOil
Just think of the last Pizza map reset last week, where us rooks were down to two or three fields.  It took the opposition over two hours to get the reset on us and our fuel was down to %50 - %25 for most of the time.  We would have been there for another week if we could use perks for ord, fuel or even goons.  Good idea for use of perks but it still would alter the gameplay too much.  You have to be able to wipe out the human component to cap the field.

Then blow up the fighter hangars and the bomber hangars.

A single P-51D who is looking to be a suicide bomber can't kill all the fighter and bomber hangars.

Oh, wait, then there wouldn't be guys rolling with 25% fuel to shoot down 'on takeoff' so some people might not find a way to 'fake' k/d, k/t, etc. (NOTE: not saying that you, personally, are a 'vulching expert' MotorOil, but I've noticed lots of people unwilling to strafe hangars down when trying to capture a field).

If you kill the hangars, the fuel % don't matter.

Mike/wulfie

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
wulfies idea...
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2003, 01:30:16 AM »
Seems like a fine use for perk points to me.

Hooligan

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
wulfies idea...
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2003, 02:16:55 AM »
Can we just trade in perkies for AH merchandise?  ')
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
wulfies idea...
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2003, 08:20:46 AM »
Sounds like a good idea.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
wulfies idea...
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2003, 09:06:49 AM »
yep... the "impossible field capture" arguement is lame.   Spits taking off with 25% fuel are more nimble defenders than with 50% ... the building battler planes... pee 51's and Hogs (especialy the -1a) are more than happy with 25% fuel to get to the next base.

I am talking about all the "good" fields, those close to any fight, being down on fuel and at the same time... the only fields with cons even close are capped by hordes of B&Z sissies who don't even show up till the lemmings have done their work.
lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
wulfies idea...
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2003, 09:55:11 AM »
Guess I'd like to see less "perking" in this game, rather than more -- IMO, it's the most "gamey" aspect of AH.

To counter the suicide jabos, I'd restrict ordinance from a player who dies within (some number of) seconds after dropping ordinance.  Still gamey, but death did involve a "restricted future" IRL.  Drop a bomb and die within 10 seconds, you get no bombs for 3 hours.  This would at least impede the "die and repeat" jabo hordes.

Also, I'd put a couple of manable quad 20mm acks on the fields.  This would allow one or two players to counter the lone fuel killer jabo.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
wulfies idea...
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2003, 11:12:24 AM »
The main point I’m making here is, by allowing players to use perks, for ord and fuel it is taking away from the main objective of the game and adding an unbalance that you can not take away.  What has attracted  me the most to AH is the fact you can go on a sortie and have an objective other than to furball.  You can go out and put the opposition at a disadvantage by taking out the strats.  Does allowing players spend their perks on fuel an ord add to the game or just give the players who have accumulated 10000+ perks and hate perk rides an advantage?  What would be the purpose of having strats at airfields anymore if you can just purchase what you want.  25% fuel does not allow the opposition to gain 15k alt above your own field for very long.  Nimble or not, you can’t kill what you can’t catch.