Author Topic: Troops fire into crowd for thowing rocks...  (Read 1550 times)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Troops fire into crowd for thowing rocks...
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2003, 12:34:36 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
I know I'm ugly, but how can you stand the thought of me in a dress?!? :D

Bit breezy flying a chopper in a dress  wouldn't it?

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2003, 12:58:42 AM »
I witnessed a demonstration in Haiti many years ago. A group of paid Haitian protesters surrounded two USMC guards at the US Embassy. One Haitian picked up a hunk of concrete and threw it at a Marine, just missing his head. This Marine leveled his M-14 at the man, but did not fire. Apparently his intent was disuade the man from doing it again. With that, this seriously stupid individual reached down for another piece of broken concrete. Again the Marine did not shoot. He did, however, step forward and cave in the idiot's head with the butt of his rifle. With that, the crowd scattered, only to reform about 100 yards distant. At that point several started throwing rocks, concrete and just about anything they could pick up. Several shots ripped through the air and two of the rock throwers collapsed in widening pools of blood. The crowd scattered again, not to return while I was there.

Were the Marines justified in using deadly force? You betcha. Ever see what three pounds of concrete can do when it hits you in the face? Rocks, concrete, even bottles can be deadly missiles. Deadly force must be met with deadly force, if for no other reason but to demonstrate that such behavior will not be tolerated, especially on Embassy grounds.

"Stupid is as stupid does" according to Gump.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2003, 01:04:24 AM »
You tell 'em GScholz. I suspect it will make little difference though, although Dago's assertions make him look more foolish than yourself.

Vulcan - that goes without saying. ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2003, 01:25:44 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
although Dago's assertions make him look more foolish than yourself.

I dont think that's possible.