Author Topic: Good Luck  (Read 266 times)

AG Sachsenberg

Good Luck
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
Cya m8 thanks for the 6 calls.  Will be joining you in a couple weeks  

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Good Luck
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
Cable modem connectivity is a function of the quality of the ISP provider in your area.  I have a cable modem and I have very little problems overall.  DSL wasn't available at the time, and I might even be too far away from a switching station for DSL to even work, I think it's 18,000ft.  Anyways, if your cable company overloads your node with clients, you're going to get degraded performance, especially if many people are on at the same time.  As it is, my node is generally pretty clean.  I get good transfer rates on DLs and I have only seen the little beacon light go yellow once in AH, and no one has ever said "Damn Nifty!  yer warping all to hell!  stand still so I can shoot yer arse!"  Just wanted to say that cable modems do work for some people.  

Sorry to see you go because of a connection issue.    I had to cancel my Ultima Online account once because it kept locking up.  Took me a couple of months to find out that it had a memory leak when in full screen mode on a Banshee card.  Point being it sucked having to quit a game you enjoy because of technical reasons.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Good Luck
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
Oh man Kieran, sorry to hear this. You are one of the few (you know what I mean) my friend. If I can be of any assistance, give me a yell. Network comms is my biz. Maybe I can help?

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Good Luck
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
sorry to hear that - good luck!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Good Luck
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2001, 03:47:00 PM »
Ahh sad to hear about this Kieren. I hope you get yer connect sorted out sometime and I look forward to seein' ya in the skies again someday. Cheers.

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
Good Luck
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »
No more New Baby Harp Seals! Sheesh, Kieran and the Mighty1 <S>. Have known and respected you both since DoA, may your skies be free of turbulence and hopefully we'll see you back when the winter doldrums set in again   (or maybe even in WWII Online)

ts

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Good Luck
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2001, 07:04:00 PM »
Hope to see you back Kieran.  <S>

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Good Luck
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2001, 07:05:00 PM »
Double post...

[This message has been edited by skernsk (edited 05-14-2001).]