Author Topic: L.W. Experts, Tell Me About The 109s.  (Read 525 times)

Offline Wespe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.communityac.com
Re: L.W. Experts, Tell Me About The 109s.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2003, 11:26:52 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo
Before 2 days ago, I had never flown the 109s more than a couple of sorties a tour (Just enough frustrate myself with it.).  Now that I have the hang of it, I am a big fan.
I have been flying the G-2 because... well I like Finland... I guess.  

What I want to know is; what is the differencs between the 4 types we have in AH?

I know that each newer type is faster and climbs better than the previous.  But how about handling.  
Do the early birds turn beter?  
Are they better at slow speeds?
Is compression the same in all of em?
Can any of em be ditched with 1/2 a wing missing?
Anything els worth noting?

eskimo

109 G 10 suggestions .. eskimo  

All I can add is this ... I ve flown 109 G 10 almost every minute in this Sim since 2000 when I left Fighter Ace to join AH ... two years there and three here ...  and   u know what ...

I M STILL LEARNING TO FLY THE 109 !!!! but ..

Does not matter how good or bad we are .. Its a plane you fall in love with , grabs you and dont let you go ... At least thats how I feel .

Suggestions huummm lets see
... learn the trimming to perfection .. it may save u or give u a kill quite a few times...
... Avoid getting in compromising situations ... Its a beauty of a plane but does not do miracles ...
... Be delicate with it ... learn how to shoot with him at deflection and using rudders ...
... Use it in vertical maneuvers .. dont even try to dogfitght with ANY plane .
... get altitude quickly .. G 10 is a high bird ... the higher , the better ...
... Go fast ... all the time (slow down for landing lol )
... Be aware of the compression ...
... Be very aggressive ... Attack Attack Attack even if u have to defend still attack.
... Learn timing and ballistic for the cannons..
... Gondolas are a big punch but they will slow u down a bit ...be aware of that.
...Be very patient .. wait for your opportunity ... dont let them taunt u ...
... Be aware advantages and disadvantages are the same ...an advantage at one point can become a disadvantage and viceversa.
... Theres no shame to ask for HELP ... G10 in pairs are much better than alone.
... Shells are made of GOLD (Cannons) ... Dont waste em ....
... Dont assume you are going to outclimb everybody in every situation ... It doesnt happen that way...
... Learn the enemy's machines strenghts and weakness(eg. LaLa at 17K is not the same as LaLa at 3 K )....
... Dont let the enemy out of sight not even one milisecond ... Learn how to flight and maneuver looking back...
... Dont repeat tactics ... ever .. what gave u a kill yesterday may get you killed today.
... Confuse , lure , deceive the enemy ... when u are away and escaping he must think you are attacking ... when u r attacking he should think u r trying to escape...
.. Be aware of the environment ... MA is NOT a safe environment .. lots of people waiting around for YOU to engage another plane ... and trust me they HATE 109's
... Shoot at enemy at point blank range .. the closest the better ...
and the most important of all ... keep the sense of humor is very important especially when getiing shoot down 12 times in a row

trust me with time , practice and patience you will get a bunch of enemy aircraft for each one you lose ...

Wishing you the best Wespe !!!

:aok :aok :aok

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
L.W. Experts, Tell Me About The 109s.
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 06:55:00 PM »
havent seen comments about the 109e so ill lend my thoughts.

IRL it owned everything the RAF had at the time.

in the MA it can be tough to kill a hurri (99% of the time a hurri IIc which should be less manueverable than a mk1) but it can be done. a zeke is the only other plane that can flat out turn a 109E.

it's slow as molassas but somone not paying attention to the tan color will think you can go faster. many times you can get on their six spray a few 7.2mm's and they will think you are all over them causing them to break turn... then you have them.

its great for base defence, you can get up as fast as anything in the game. also right after gear up if you do a hard right rudder turn you will sideslip 180° real quick (usefull if a fast plane is trying to vulch you... he will not be able to turn that fast and if he does more often than not he will snap-stall into the ground)

its also great against CV planes. you'll only get 2-3 kills tops with the ammo load and those dmn blue plane's armor... but most wont even get a shot on you.

oh well another lame thought by yours truly.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2003, 12:45:06 PM »
Zeke, Hurricanes, Spits (up to the IX, not sure about the XIV), N1K2.  All of em out turn the 109E, as well as out-everything else it.  109E is a true hangar queen.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2003, 04:10:18 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Zeke, Hurricanes, Spits (up to the IX, not sure about the XIV), N1K2.  All of em out turn the 109E, as well as out-everything else it.  109E is a true hangar queen.

Not exectly.

109E  best turner of all 109 series - it is lighest plane - and has lowest wingload.
109F turns very close to Spit V but litle worster - it still can outturn N1K and Spit9. But you need some E for turnfight too - anyway it turns great.

109G6/2 not really know.

109G10 can outturn P-51D when it is light (no pads).

Anyway 109F4 turn ratio was very close to Spit V at least in real life
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2003, 07:53:38 PM »
me don't think eskimo needs any help in his 109 anymore :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2003, 12:15:56 AM »
Originally posted by artik
Not exectly.

109E  best turner of all 109 series - it is lighest plane - and has lowest wingload.
109F turns very close to Spit V but litle worster - it still can outturn N1K and Spit9. But you need some E for turnfight too - anyway it turns great.

109G6/2 not really know.

109G10 can outturn P-51D when it is light (no pads).

Anyway 109F4 turn ratio was very close to Spit V at least in real life

109E4 can't out turn any of the above-listed planes. I've flown the 109E4 quite a bit, I think I'm qualified to make that statement.  The 109F4 doesn't turn anywhere near as well as a Spit IX, much less a Spit V.  I've also flown the 109F4 quite a bit.  The G-10 does appear to turn at least as well as a P-51D under some circumstances... the lighter the P-51 the less chance the G-10 can turn with it.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2003, 02:06:10 AM »
But it is one of the best to swoop down from alt in mid/high speed ranges, instantly dump E and get into firing position, and then, rebuild E and climb back up.

Ofcourse, I don't think that maneuver qualifies to be mentioned in turn rate/radius comparisons though.. probably more like situational application of ACM than just a 'turn' I think..