Author Topic: West Coast Mini-Con Needs Help  (Read 351 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
West Coast Mini-Con Needs Help
« on: August 12, 2003, 07:41:55 PM »
I apologize if this sounds whiny.  I'm not upset, just worried.  I want to make sure everybody understands our situation.

When the idea of a Mini-Con first came up, we had about 40 people respond by various means that they were interested.

Since then Mietla and Ramzey and I have spent a lot of time to make the Mini-Con a reality.

Unfortunately, since we started taking registrations, only a small percentage of those people have actually put their money where their mouth is by registering for the event.

We have two deadlines in our contract with the hotel.  The first of these is August 18, and the second is September 5.  There is no penalty for us to cancel the Mini-Con before August 18.  There is a substantial penalty to cancel between August 18 and September 5.  After September 5, the penalties are so high that we can't consider cancellation.

In order to avoid unacceptable financial risks, we need to see a lot more registrations before August 18, or we are going to have to consider cancelling the event and refunding registration fees to those who have registered.

So please, if you are planning to register, or are on the fence about registering, do so as soon as possible.  If you wait too long, there may not be a Mini-Con.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 08:01:25 PM by funkedup »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 08:00:56 PM »
I'll be in on Friday.  Even if this falls through... I'm still going to the games.  A man's got to have his priorities.  Right Pongo?

MiniD

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 08:02:04 PM »
No problem,

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 08:33:29 PM »
Hey Funkipants...just wanted to let you know that I'm still a maybe.  How late in the game is it OK to register?  I probably won't know for sure until the beginning of October...if that's too late, I totally understand.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 08:37:08 PM »
See the squad forum tard.

MiniD

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 09:01:03 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Hey Funkipants...just wanted to let you know that I'm still a maybe.  How late in the game is it OK to register?  I probably won't know for sure until the beginning of October...if that's too late, I totally understand.

SOB

It's not too late. You can probably register at the last moment provided that we get at least 20 other guys to register before our cancellation deadline. Until then it is a binary proposition. If we get the minimum by the deadline, the Con comes to town. If not, we'll have to cancel due to a high cancellation penalty after the deadline.

So, all you guys who are pretty sure that you'll attend, please register as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 10:16:33 PM »
Sign up now!  GRUNHERZ says so, and if you dont like it - well sign up anyway and tell me about it at the con... :)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 08:52:12 PM »
Been a flurry of registrations since I posted this.  We aren't out of the woods yet but it's encouraging.   all

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 09:52:06 PM »
Dont make me ask again!  :)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 09:53:02 PM »
I'll sign up Friday.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member