Author Topic: What's happened to the knights?  (Read 349 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
What's happened to the knights?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
Yep, Leph, I agree about DAR.  Personally, I don't think we should have global dar anyway.  I think the map should

1. display local (say 25 mile radius, altitude of 800ft ABOVE the ground - not altimeter reading) dar dots.

2. increase the field ack - make it tougher to take down local dar.  None of this 20mm stuff, 1k direct hit.  

3. the strat chart should give you a way to look at the dar map for any FRIENDLY area -- perhaps this would be similar to calling a friendly base and saying "how are you doing?"  Perhaps information about ack status in addition to hangar status

4. get rid of the freaking sector bars completely.

5. keep the factories and HQ.  Damage to HQ and factories would continue to have the same effect it does now, but with no global dar, no effect.

This would bring so many benefits:

a.  Low-level sneak raids become possible.  Man, everyone loves them, why isn't HTC listening to this?  Not only are they fun, but low-level sneak raids give outnumbered sides a way to recover!

b.  Loss of global dar is such a downer (given that your opponents have it) and can thwart your moves.

c.  No dar is worse than night - folks loggout -- bad for business HTC.

d. No global dar would discourage massive furballs.

AKcurly

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
 I'm kinda feeling like bloom. Although I have been on in the a.m. and Late p.m. it is just tough when its 30 to 10 or lompsided like that. easy to find a fight when ya only have 4 bases...Tough to find a fair fight when ya only have 4 bases. Not whinning , I'm kinda getting used to having my bellybutton handed to me on a platter by 3 to 10 enemies.
 My biggest thing is the lack or support when there is numbers even..It seems like (IMHO) that it has gotten to be a big gang bang all the time. No coordinating attacks and such. This certainly could be due to my time on though. Just seems that way.
        Jackal

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
Fear not fellow Nits!  I just got a new computer and will be back in the MA, after months way, late tonight.  I can here the glorious crys now.  "Thrawn?  Who the hell is Thrawn?  And what's with his run on sentences?"    

[This message has been edited by Thrawn (edited 05-18-2001).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2001, 06:17:00 PM »
heh Kniggits are still decent pilots.

But their appreciation of strategy has gone down the drain.

Once, 9./JG54 prked all the fh at front fields to facilitate a capture of 44.

No knights took off for 44, preferring to be bogged down but 3 (three) enemy fighters hovering over one of our fields.

Another xample: "44 is under attack, 44 44 44 44 44 is under attack!"

<9./JG 54 race there one by one>

"44 44 44!"

<Field 44 has been captured by the Rooks>

"DAMN"

"Wow we lost 44"

"Why didn't any1 tell us?"

But, it still got the best characters in the game, and some very cool loyal dudes  

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline goat10

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.home.net/goat10/index.htm
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2001, 07:42:00 PM »
Bloom25 this is no surprise! That’s the reason that I became a Night back in beta 1. Rooks 25, Knights 5, Bishops 30. Knights were always underdogs, but we still preformed well.   I know it is very different now, some things better some things not. It is what it is and I still love it. By the way who is this Cobra guy? First a Bishop then a Knight and then a Rook!   Well he has been a Rook for a while now.............

------------------
I Hate It When That Happens!

Offline LaVa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2001, 09:14:00 PM »
Baaaaa....

Since we dont have reset stats i really cant prove this but....Knights have yet to have a victory this tour.  big deal, it all boils down to the rotating SQ thingy, we dont have some of the other SQs we had last TOD.  WE simply dont have the numbers this TOD to produce wins.  Just a slump  - no worries fellow niggits.

Certainly no lack of targets this TOD, bring it on!

LaVa

Offline Degas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
It's this map.

Words can't express how much I HATE this map.  It encourages gangbangs.  Bishop, Knight, or Rook, there is rarely a time when it's not 2 on 1 for extended periods of time.  Want to sneak a base?  Hit the enemy where they don't expect it?  Forget it.  Bar Dar prevents it.  So, you have two fronts, neither of which is over 3 bases wide, and usually two.  They know where you have to come from.  They know where you are going.  It's no wonder that, night after night, the entire MA condenses into massive furballs over A1 and A39.  There's not much else to do.

The Rooks have been reset twice in the last 24 hours because the Knights and Bishops have spent massive amounts of time NOT fighting each other.  Put that together with 70 Bishops, 45 Knights and 30 or so Rooks on line, and you have an experience that is decidedly not fun for Rooks who care about strategy and winning resets.  I'm sure it's the same with the other teams, on the rare occasions when it happens to them.

Combine it all with the fact that, being the contrary, independent cusses that we are, none of us on any team can seem to work together, and it gets even worse.  This could be addressed by HTC if they would make participating in a mission and/or winning a reset WORTH SOMETHING.  Perks just don't cut it.  Most players don't feel that perks buy you anything worth having anyway.  An Arado, a Tempest, a 152 or a CHog, big freaking deal.

Any more, the only playtime in AH that I find worthwhile is when we have enough Mullets (tm) online to make our own in-house missions for taking bases, or to defend hotly contested bases.  When we're together and having that kind of fun, even the many deaths attributable to my own stupidity don't seem so bad.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2001, 08:22:00 AM »
Well another tour and guess what happens again .
 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/008628.html

Yep this map is not the best , I for one hated it .
 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum8/HTML/001191.html

I loved this one

cheers
spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »
poor rooks     BTW degas , knights are the ones in the bucket this camp . I always fight biscuits , mostly cause they whine better .

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
Wait a second!  That's exactly why I fight Knits, ya pansie!  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2001, 04:19:00 AM »

Originally posted by StSanta:

Another xample: "44 is under attack, 44 44 44 44 44 is under attack!"

<9./JG 54 race there one by one>

"44 44 44!"

<Field 44 has been captured by the Rooks>

"

44 contains bad mojo and is so full of bishrook voodoo that it refuses capture - we have tried to get 44 for 6 weeks now - it just can't be captured.  Whenever i fly close to 44 i hear the sickening moaning of dead knigget drunks...
--
BigUC
Kurt is winking at U!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2001, 05:24:00 AM »
That knights are outnumbered is only a way to balance the arena, if knights would have same number as rooks or bish we would reset you BOTH  

This is of  course thanks to Luftwaffe!  

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 Eismeer
Livestock Liberation Front

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Adolf Galland
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2001, 06:35:00 AM »
Bloom you have broken the Knights-Anti-Whine-About-Numbers code of ethics.

<swings rope>

Someone grab him... I know me a good hangin tree.

Offline LaVa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
airspro - ahh yeah, you just brought back some fond memorys.

I hope that map is in the rotation in the new release.  

LaVa