Author Topic: Just About Had It  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Just About Had It
« on: June 24, 2001, 07:46:00 PM »
I don't post to often, but I read daily. I just came out of the MA. The numbers imbalance is really starting to affect my enjoyment of AH. And if I don't enjoy myself, whats the point of $30 a month.

To date I've spent close to $90 to be gang banged virtually each time I log on. Others in my squad are just as frustrated.

Ready to pull the plug.

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2001, 08:16:00 PM »
when were you loged on and what country were you? i've been off and on most of the day/weekend and it seems it's been pretty even.

-AKhog
The journey is the destination.

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.keithreid.com
Just About Had It
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2001, 08:20:00 PM »
I played most of the afternoon today and it was pretty fair up until about 8:00 p.m. central time (U.S.) GMT+6 The it pretty much became bish 2/1.

Charon

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
I generally fly between 5 and 7 pm PDT. Guess which country?

Btw, just checked the numbers in the MA: Bish 78, Knight 27, Rook 45.

Again, guess which country?

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Weave ]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Just About Had It
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
The Knits have 31 fields and the Bishits 8.

It would not be hard to find a field that you weren't getting gangbanged at in 31 fields?

There are like 20+ guys from the damned something squad all on, which helps the Bish numbers.

Can't say I'd get too upset over it.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
Wow go figure huh?  The Dammed have already stated that their squad night is on Sunday night I believe.  When a squad that big has a squad night you gotta expect them to skew the numbers a little.  

And anyway, the Bish numbers were pretty even all weekend and we were down to almost the home island all day Sunday.  And you cant find a field to take off from?!?!  I think this number whining is getting more ridiculous than Chog whining was.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
The numbers were pretty even all weekend. I dont know that this weekend was the poster child for knight abuse. I had lots of good even fights and played alot this weekend. The bish seemed to be pushed back on thier home isle for lots of it.

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
First finding a field to take off from is not the issue. Sunday being the squad nite of a large squad is not the issue.

Logging in night after night for the last 2-3 months, with at least a 4 to 1 disadvantage is.

It used to be every country got their turn in the bucket. Since the advent of the perk system, things have gotten somewhat skewed. There have been enough posts lately to show I'm not the only one who is a bit frustrated with this.  

Maybe someone who is good with statics can chart how many resets each country won over the last three months. I'd like to know the results, and if the Knits have anything close to a third of the tally I'll shut my mouth on the subject. Well I'll shut it anyway. My last post on the subject.

Weave......out

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2001, 03:29:00 PM »
change sides?

and quit whining

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
Dunno if you should look at the numbers on the weekends during events in the SEA.  When you get 30-50 people flying in another arena, kinda messes up the sample.  Then again, the only way to REALLY look at the numbers is to take many samples over the course of a tour.  

As for the people saying it's just your turn in the bucket.  Well, sure, but this is a long turn in the bucket from what the old time vets have been saying.  The whining about it only started recently, so for the most part, people were ok with it being their turn in the bucket.  It's just when no end to it has come that people are starting to say stuff about it.  It's almost the start of another tour, which means some squads will rotate.  We'll see what happens after that.

As for artificial methods of balancing.  How about all newbies start out in the country with the less amount of people (maybe instead of using the numbers at the time, it takes a 24 hour average or something.)  Right now, all new players start out as Bish.  If that doesn't help, perhaps when a non-squaded player logs on, he's automatically put in the country with the least number of players.  He can switch immediately if he chooses, but if he doesn't care he acts as a balancer.  (yeah, this would be annoying to no end.)

Aside from that, squad rotation coordination would help, but not every squad that rotates wants to put up with the headache that would be!  (don't blame 'em either.)

Most of the Mongrels laugh at the numbers and just grin and bear it.  Personally, I don't really care -too- much about the numbers, as long as there are other Mongrels around.  It gets a little tiresome always being outnumbered, but I still have fun.   :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Professor Fate

• Copper Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2001, 03:59:00 PM »
Hey gang HTC hasn't let us down yet and keep in mind they can't act on a whim so keep the faith they'll figure somethin' out even if this 'community can't'

I AM PROFESSOR FATE!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
I thought you were complaining about THIS weekend. THIS weekend when I was flying(15 hours?) it was not too bad to be a knight. At least for some prime time slots the knights had more players then the bish and for much of it they were equal. Not anything that you want to start a thread over in my opinion and I flew knight till last night.
If you want to complain about last weeks numbers do it in one of last weeks threads so we can all keep it straight.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Just About Had It
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2001, 10:03:00 AM »
Well gee..... on the one hand, the idiotic perk system is a good idea because it evens out the plane usage and allows more new planes to be added.... Never mind that it ruins any chance of early war planes being introcuced, is completly backward and unfair so far as new guys, makes perk planes a target and allows the best players to more easily beat up the worse ones...

On the other hand.... Nobody can figure out why we have such a huge numbers imbalance and why land grabbing has become so important... why it is nice to be able to send off 15 bombers and still have a 2/1 fighter advantage... certainly it can't be the idiotic perk system with it's 60 point "bonus" for gangbanging?   That would assume that people were not naturally fair and noble so it can't be that.
lazs