Author Topic: Change the map rotation slightly?  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Change the map rotation slightly?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2003, 06:39:48 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
So instead, we had "Dad" tell us how the map must look so as to manufacture those oh-so-meaningful and oh-so-realistic fights at 6K by artificial means...

Which in no way affects the way you want to play now does it?

BTW....our fights do not occur at 6k but rather from the deck to about 2k....just one more example of you speaking to a topic which you know so very little about:)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2003, 07:59:21 PM »
Thanks for proving my point Beet!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2003, 03:18:35 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
Which in no way affects the way you want to play now does it?
Interlopers. (Opportunist goon hunters and cherrypickers!)

Mr. Toad! (hehe, now we each know what the other looks like)
Sure, the war-winners can still play their game, just as they can on any other map.
Erm... the larger maps eg. Pizza are not what I would call war winners' maps. Remember in the early days before pizza started curling at the edges, it would sometimes be up for three weeks - because it never got reset. If you were to ask me what is the most obvious war winners' map, I would say Children's - because of fewer fields and relatively close field spacing. But we're all off topic already. This was about map rotation. But SOB advises us that
Skuzzy has changed the current rotation a bit...if Big Isles is reset, the arena will switch to SFMA, then back to Big Isles, etc...
... a creeping process at work? :(

_____________________________ _________________
time for a popup map poll at logon!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2003, 07:20:20 AM »
Any map is a war-winner's map. Not every map is a furball map, BI being the poster-child of a poor "fighting" map.

I'd think you'd like the small, fast reset maps.

Think how much faster you can win wars and rack up sacred perk points. Not to mention mutiple Hawaiian vacations and new cars!!!!!!

BTW, how'd your experiment with the F4U-1 go? Did you learn to love it for it's excellent guns and amazingly high rate of climb? Sure is easy to "extend" in it, isn't it? :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2003, 09:45:33 AM »
so meta is making maps allready?   how long before he solicits funds from players to make a whole new game?   One whose realism will blow everything else out of the water?   got screenshots yet meta?
lazs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2003, 10:25:01 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
so meta is making maps allready?   how long before he solicits funds from players to make a whole new game?   One whose realism will blow everything else out of the water?   got screenshots yet meta?
lazs

:rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2003, 10:35:08 AM »
That would be a very poor way to make money lazs. I can think of many more lucrative methods. No Im perfectly happy with Aces High arent you?

Oh I suppose not.

Rude that sounded like a threat. You still preach one tune and play another dont you? Romans 2. No Im not a saint, but Im also not the hypocrite you are.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2003, 12:56:46 PM »
Trouble is with the F4U-1 (and any low powered plane) is that if you're flying alone, as I do now that my squad upped and left, it's not a good plane to survive in. Here's a test for you, Mr. Toad: Get up early, or go to bed very late, so as to play during Euro prime time or at least outside of US Prime time when your friends aren't there. Then take a F4U-1 (or Spit V if you prefer) and head to a sector with a long red bardar at 6K, and see how long you last. Post back with the film. I'll be waiting. :D

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2003, 01:52:52 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Trouble is with the F4U-1 (and any low powered plane) is that if you're flying alone, as I do now that my squad upped and left, it's not a good plane to survive in. Here's a test for you, Mr. Toad: Get up early, or go to bed very late, so as to play during Euro prime time or at least outside of US Prime time when your friends aren't there. Then take a F4U-1 (or Spit V if you prefer) and head to a sector with a long red bardar at 6K, and see how long you last. Post back with the film. I'll be waiting. :D

Beet ... I fly a lot more than any of my squaddies, ergo, I fly alone a lot. My main ride is the Spit V. Check my stats ... I do ok ... so your reasons hold no water.

You still don't understand ... if we get shot down, no matter the odds, we don't fret over it ... thats the difference between you and furballers and until you let the "fret" go and set yourself free, you will never understand.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2003, 02:39:23 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Beet ... I fly a lot more than any of my squaddies, ergo, I fly alone a lot. My main ride is the Spit V. Check my stats ... I do ok ... so your reasons hold no water.
Alrighty then. And where did you say the film was?

Check my stats too. I think I do OK, and I get shot down plenty!

Yes I see you fly mostly Spit V. I also see you're an LA7 dweeb, as well as flying most of the other Easymode™ planes. I guess you save those planes for those lonely nights when there's no-one to hold your hand. ;)

Seriously, I used to moonlight in WB with a band called the Scanian Griffins. A very well organised squad, led by a Swedish guy called Rudu. Working in a well organised group (mostly only 3 or 4 of us) I was amazed at how my k/d skyrocketed. So if you're in the company of your fellow dw... er, TAS squadmates, I can see how you'd do well. But go and film one of those sorties where you get a bucketload of kills, working alone below 6K in your Spit V, and then we'll talk again. But post the film, boy. And give my red sig. text a read. :lol

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2003, 02:58:39 PM »
SG's great squad, one of best in any flight sim IMO,
I dont miss runnin into them over the channel :eek:
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2003, 03:34:23 PM »
Slapshot is the purest of rookies.

You should take him to the DA and school him Beet1e.

I'm sure he could learn a lot from you about ACM.

Please do film that one.

You're sorta catching on about the F4U-1. You have to win and win fast in it in a multi-plane. And you're not leaving (alive) until you kill ALL the bad guys.  Great plane to fly to test your limitations; I find it quite a challenge.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2003, 03:53:34 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
You're sorta catching on about the F4U-1. You have to win and win fast in it in a multi-plane. And you're not leaving (alive) until you kill ALL the bad guys.  Great plane to fly to test your limitations; I find it quite a challenge.
I like challenges. I get NO satisfaction from winning in Easymode™ planes. Lately I've been flying the 109G2, but I'll go back to the F4U-1.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2003, 04:00:49 PM »
Just what are the "easymode" planes Beet?

Which ones are uber in EVERY circumstance?

I know some are good at B&Z and I know some that are good at T&B and there are a very few that are workable at both.

I think it sort of depends more on how you fly rather than WHAT you fly.

For example, don't you think it's extremely "easymode" to fly a really fast, good-climbing but relatively poor turning aircraft in the B&Z mode? Yet take that same aircraft into a dense furball, mixing it up down low and it would be anything BUT "easymode".

There are more "easymode" fliers than there are "easymode" planes.

IMO.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2003, 04:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Just what are the "easymode" planes Beet?

Any plane that he doesn't like / sees too much of / gets killed by.  That should about sum it up.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!