Author Topic: 402 people were killed in the U.S today  (Read 1024 times)

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
402 people were killed in the U.S today
« on: November 12, 2003, 03:57:05 PM »
402 people were killed in the U.S. yesterday, today, tomorrow, and everyday for the foreseeable future!! This is according to the National Center for Health Statistics.
This only includes accidents, suicides, and homicides as of the year 2001
97,707 people were killed accidentally
29,423 people committed suicide
19,727 people were murdered
A total of 146,857 people for an average of 402 people per day!

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005110.html

I guess this is in retrospect to war deaths...
After having to drive on the interstate for a month now to work I wonder which is more dangerous, The interstate or Al Qaida...
 Both are forms of terrorism...

IK0N

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 04:05:14 PM »
Driving the interestate for a month?

Try the Beltway around Washington, DC for 6 years... you'll see some amazing ****.

The instant water falls from the sky, virtually every driver on the road suffers from their head falling out their ass.

"Water droplets? What is this? I better immediately slow down from 70MPH to 20MPH so these strange objects don't puncture my windshield and enter my body through osmosis, becoming a parasite in my brain causing me to know how to actually ****ing drive!"

A driving license is supposed to indicate someone can drive, right? The dip****s handing out those things in the Washington metro area obviously don't understand that concept, because there are very few people that can operate a motor vehicle here with atleast a little common sense and some courtesy.
-SW

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 04:06:31 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe

Try the Beltway around Washington, DC for 6 years... you'll see some amazing ****.

-SW

I heard BWI parkway averages 6 accidents a day.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »
I was driving the Columbus 270 outterbelt today when traffic in the fast lane slowed to 50.  I could not figure out why until I came upon one of those rolling billboard anti-abortion trucks in the middle lane.  

But that wasn't what was slowing everyone down.  It was the private security vehicle that was trailing it that looked like an unmarked police cruiser.  Everyone thought it was a cop and jammed on the brakes, forgetting that there are no unmarked police cruisers in Ohio. :mad:

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 10:40:30 PM »
31,000 people die in the USA each year from the flu.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 10:51:47 PM »
Originally posted by DmdNexus
I heard BWI parkway averages 6 accidents a day.

because of the Laurel area TuckFards.

Rt 50 would always, always, slow down to an inch worm around 97 and 98 for NO PUCKING REASON AT ALL!! see above statement for why.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 10:52:21 PM »
Did Westy delete his post?

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 10:54:29 PM »
292 million vs 22.5 million.

context, baybeee!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 11:02:02 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe

The instant water falls from the sky, virtually every driver on the road suffers from their head falling out their ass.

"Water droplets? What is this? I better immediately slow down from 70MPH to 20MPH so these strange objects don't puncture my windshield and enter my body through osmosis, becoming a parasite in my brain causing me to know how to actually ****ing drive!"

A driving license is supposed to indicate someone can drive, right? The dip****s handing out those things in the Washington metro area obviously don't understand that concept, because there are very few people that can operate a motor vehicle here with atleast a little common sense and some courtesy.
-SW

I just moved from LA, where I was contending with the 10, the 101 and the infamous 405, to the Washington area, where I lived as a kid and now, as an adult, am getting reacquainted with the Beltway. At least in DC there isn't a gun in one of every 20 cars.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 03:37:25 AM »
ROFL AKS\/\/ulfe :D

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2003, 04:07:29 AM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
I was driving the Columbus 270 outterbelt today when traffic in the fast lane slowed to 50.  I could not figure out why until I came upon one of those rolling billboard anti-abortion trucks in the middle lane.  

But that wasn't what was slowing everyone down.  It was the private security vehicle that was trailing it that looked like an unmarked police cruiser.  Everyone thought it was a cop and jammed on the brakes, forgetting that there are no unmarked police cruisers in Ohio. :mad:

Whereabouts in Columbus are you from...I live in Hilliard.  The worst part of 270 I find to be around Sawmill road...every damn day.   Same with 33...I saw that from the air...backed up darn near all the way to Marysville every day.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2003, 08:09:44 AM »
Originally posted by Golfer
Whereabouts in Columbus are you from...

I just moved to Canal Winchester.  33 between CW and 270 is a daily nightmare.  Fortunately once I get to 270, I have 3 choices to get to Dublin.

Offline airguard

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.me109.net
Re: 402 people were killed in the U.S today
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2003, 08:12:09 AM »
Originally posted by 1K0N
402 people were killed in the U.S. yesterday, today, tomorrow, and everyday for the foreseeable future!! This is according to the National Center for Health Statistics.
This only includes accidents, suicides, and homicides as of the year 2001
97,707 people were killed accidentally
29,423 people committed suicide
19,727 people were murdered
A total of 146,857 people for an average of 402 people per day!

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005110.html

I guess this is in retrospect to war deaths...
After having to drive on the interstate for a month now to work I wonder which is more dangerous, The interstate or Al Qaida...
 Both are forms of terrorism...

IK0N

Damn how many of you guys is left ? :D

for sure we all hit the wooden case all of someday, cant avoid it but trying to stay as long we can.
I am a Norwegian eating my fish, and still let my wife mess me around in stupid shops...