Author Topic: State ordered to buy car for short man....  (Read 1264 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
State ordered to buy car for short man....
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2003, 02:37:35 PM »
capt. apathy: but  when I started closing in on 6' tall and my weight went over 200 it became fairly obviuse that I wouldn't be competeing as a jockey.  I got over it.

Have you considered visiting India? They have elephant races there. :D

miko

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2003, 02:43:03 PM »
Tarmac: Life's not fair, get used to it.  Mental anguish is not the state's responsibility.

Life's not fair, Tarmac, true - but it sooks like you and me should get used to it. What proportion of your taxes already goes towards welfare payments for people who would not accept a job that immigrants risk their lives for, trying to get here.

Right this minute the unnatural medical technology developed on tax money (since no private business would invest in its development) saves lives to people who will live their lives disabled with horrendous disabilities and guess who is going to pay for it all?

miko

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2003, 04:06:56 PM »
I need to do the same thing...  
first of all, I'm sooo afraid of catching whatever diseases the other passengers might have, when they just can't stay at home when being sick.
secondly, in busses the seats might be so close to each other that my knees are touching the backrest of next seat, while sitting completely at the back of seat.
Thats way way too short space and I can't be required to stand half an hour on a bus every time!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2003, 05:00:27 PM »
Have you considered visiting India? They have elephant races there.
:rofl :rofl

Offline chance-airwolf

• Zinc Member
Speaking of short people...
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2003, 07:03:16 PM »
I'm in traffic one day in the DFW metroplex and this guy on a chopper pulls along side.  I'm in a Honda Accord and I'm looking down at this "reduced scale" motorcycle that was obviously custom-built for for his height.  The seat-to-ground distance musta been about 24 inches, small diameter wheels, everything.  I thought he had a good idea all in all.  Too bad I didn't have a camera...
Chance2
:aok

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2003, 07:21:26 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
Tarmac: Life's not fair, get used to it.  Mental anguish is not the state's responsibility.

Life's not fair, Tarmac, true - but it sooks like you and me should get used to it. What proportion of your taxes already goes towards welfare payments for people who would not accept a job that immigrants risk their lives for, trying to get here.

Right this minute the unnatural medical technology developed on tax money (since no private business would invest in its development) saves lives to people who will live their lives disabled with horrendous disabilities and guess who is going to pay for it all?

miko

Yeah, I know that state-mandated reallocation of resources is sometimes necessary (or desireable) to accomplish things that the private sector won't.  

But paying for a short guy to have a custom car because he won't take the bus?  Not with my tax dollars -- if I had my way, that is.

There's a line; that crosses the one drawn by my common sense.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2003, 07:22:48 PM »
One word

BULLCHIT!!

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2003, 07:39:18 PM »
Out of high school I tried to join the Canadian Air Force but they told me I was too tall. Perhaps I should take them to court and make them buy me a plane so I can get over the anguish I suffered.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2003, 07:48:21 PM »
People can be cruel. I can remember like it was yesterday the first day of basketball practice when the guys realized that my **** was over 12 inches long and had to be taped to my *****. The humiliation was terrible.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2003, 08:27:10 PM »
The dude needs some 70's style pimp platforms the chicks dig that.:)

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2003, 09:43:30 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
People can be cruel. I can remember like it was yesterday the first day of basketball practice when the guys realized that my **** was over 12 inches long and had to be taped to my *****. The humiliation was terrible.

Hey MT,

Your nose being 12" long and having to be taped to your forehead would definitely qualify as humiliation  :)