Author Topic: Maximizing your BETA power  (Read 392 times)

ac

Maximizing your BETA power
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 1999, 10:04:00 PM »

...Read read read....read read read....

Downtowns post....

*GAG* Cough! (sputter)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good thing I wasnt eating anything....whew...  

Offline Hobo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 1999, 11:45:00 PM »
All this stuff about landing gear reminds me of a true story.

Some of you know that I work in Customer Support for a rather large aircraft manufacturer,  Well one day a telex comes in from a certain not-to-be-named-here foreign carrier.  For those of you unfamiliar with very large commercial aircraft they typically have one nose landing gear, one pair of body landing gear and one pair of wing landing gear that are just outboard of the body gear.  So this telex comes in and it says something like this:

The airplane maintenance manual states not to raise the wing landing gear while taxing.  Why can we not do this?  Please explain.

The answer went something like this:

Because the airplane will tip over and go boom. Details will follow in xxxxxxx coorespondence.

Crass?  Yes.  Funny...hell yes. Better yet, the telex was followed up with a four page detailed telex outlining the pitfalls of retracting the wing gear while taxiing.  

Hobo

Offline SnakeEyes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 1999, 12:27:00 AM »
Don't bring anything sharp near Jenna, she might pop.  Yuck.

And the P-51D markings are still wrong.  

------------------
SnakeEyes
o-o-o-
=4th Fighter Group=

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 1999, 03:40:00 PM »
Yeah, as a software dev I suffer fools lightly (then place them in an over pre-heated to 450 F).

Last week I got a bug reading "Something broken on reporting screen"

I closed the bug with resolution "Something fixed on reporting screen".

Any chance we could have an 'active bugs' screen along with some sort of bug numbering system? Less chance of duplicate bugs, and it allows us to refer to previous problems by saying "Bug #235 is only partially fixed..." instead of "Uh, remember that thing that was happening when you did that thing with the thing while you were doing that other thing?"

my dos peso.

~Lemur