Author Topic: Do I hear $9.95 ????  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« on: December 19, 2003, 05:03:51 PM »
"The plan for 2004 is to undercut all of our competitors on price and then go head to head on features and gameplay. Target iEN"

iEN throws a curve into WWII aircombat simdom by lowering WB's (all of thier games) to a $13.95 flat rate  and all you mokes can do is toss stinky political cow puckeys back and forth?  ;)

IMO this could actually be a threat soon to subscriptions at other venues should they ever abandon the "FM by committee" setup, ditch the "mush" and also make WB III or Quankbirds an evenemotely easy download. They're using that atroicious Fileplanet

http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=28096

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 05:21:04 PM »
I for one couldn't care less.

Offline BB Gun

• Copper Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 05:21:07 PM »
You might!

And many who have come back don't find it to be "mushbirds", though YMMV.

WBIII is actually showing some development and life... finally.  Who knows when it will stop, but a lot of good things have been happening lately.

BB
Win7x64/ECS PH-55A Black / Corei7 860 / 8GB Gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK / Westy L2410NM / Radeon 5770 / Corsair 650TX / LG DVD / WD 640 Black AALS / WD 1TB&2TB GRN
My Pics
My daughter

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 05:21:07 PM »
Good news for those that were paying $24.95/month.  Not really much of a difference to iEN.  "Too little Too late" is a saying that comes to mind.

BTW... what does "head on features and gameplay" mean?  They plan on going head to head on features eventually?

MiniD

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 05:41:47 PM »
I am just posting a reply to this because I now have 5 'top 5 replies' on the board.

but for what it's worth I think that iEN suck.

Ravs

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 05:45:15 PM »
I never left because the price was too high... heck i even paid ´2$ an hour for it...
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 06:01:58 PM »
" We cannot offer this price to current players at this time. We will also not shift any current accounts to the new plan or rename any new accounts to your old handle for the time being. Hopefully, we’ll be too busy signing up new players. However, it is our hope that we will be able to extend this offer to all our players in 2004"  

now theres a real winner for ya !!!!

thats a great way to treat the dedicated player base ... :rofl

let in newbies at a price break ... but the old subs keep getting screwed ... thats Ien for ya .... true to its form AFU
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 06:10:05 PM »
damn. not enbough lighter fluid. ok.............

"BTW... what does "head on features and gameplay" mean? They plan on going head to head on features eventually"

I think it means that the one ACM trick gamers (HOes), friendly fire griefers, dive bombing with heavy bombers and suicide jabo dEwDz are about to change the face of WB's forever too.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 06:50:56 PM by Westy »

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2003, 06:41:55 PM »
You mean their gonna leave AH ?

Yahoo !

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2003, 06:43:05 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
" We cannot offer this price to current players at this time. We will also not shift any current accounts to the new plan or rename any new accounts to your old handle for the time being. Hopefully, we’ll be too busy signing up new players. However, it is our hope that we will be able to extend this offer to all our players in 2004"  

now theres a real winner for ya !!!!

thats a great way to treat the dedicated player base ... :rofl

let in newbies at a price break ... but the old subs keep getting screwed ... thats Ien for ya .... true to its form AFU

No kidding Is that a rip off or what?
Geezus what a slap in the face to there old custopmers.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2003, 06:46:12 PM »
You've been had, mate.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2003, 06:53:22 PM »
I remember paying $30 a month in AH while lots of new people were secretly enticed with offers of lifetime accounts at various price points - $9.95, $14.95, $19.95, etc.      HTC was trying to determine the sweet spot for a price reduction, and alot of longtime players felt that was unfair to them.

HTC made it through that episode OK (it sounds like you guys were even unaware of it) and WarBirds will make it through this one.

Its a welcome move, IMO.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2003, 06:54:31 PM »
Amen to that Oboe...
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2003, 06:56:27 PM »
and carpe diem too.

for what that is worth..

Offline helllo

• Zinc Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2003, 06:57:27 PM »
Still the deal is a good one. The premium accounts will be getting added value with access to closed betas as quoted by TARGET

For those folks who already have active accounts. Our goal is to eventually bring EVERYONE in line with the new pricing. We cannot offer this price to current players at this time. We will also not shift any current accounts to the new plan or rename any new accounts to your old handle for the time being. Hopefully, we’ll be too busy signing up new players. However, it is our hope that we will be able to extend this offer to all our players in 2004. For current players, we’re offering some improved services and changes in the coming year. Our Premium $24.95 account will go down to $19.95 in March. Premium players will also have special access to the developers, a new version disk (as requested) at every new release, access to all new closed betas of the game, and other special in game features still in development.

BUT if they really want get the price lower they can get it right away as stated By TARGET

CC, I can understand how some will be upset. If they are THAT upset they can cancel their account, start a new one and be at $13.95. But they'll lose their handles and not get any of the stuff that we're working to provide the $24.95er's in the interum.