Author Topic: Do I hear $9.95 ????  (Read 5237 times)

Offline Monty405

• Copper Member
      • http://www3.sympatico.ca/carol.haynes/
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2003, 06:36:26 PM »
i heard a few other stories of iEN charging cancelled accounts as well. scarey.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2003, 06:44:49 PM »
iEN is scared to dead of AH2.

They should be.... And if HT could model ground troops ala Day of Defeat then WWIIOL should be scared to death too :D
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2003, 06:59:27 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
If HT could model ground troops ala Day of Defeat then WWIIOL should be scared to death too :D

Excellent point!

OK…Thinking WAY out of the box here:

If HTC and the Rats could....

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2003, 08:01:17 PM »
LOL at the move of desperation.That sim is on life-support,waiting for the plug to be pulled.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2003, 10:40:31 PM »
Actually when i went over for the AH vs WB dual ... it was a two weeks free with out having to use a CC ... I wouldnt of done it if they wanted a CC # ... but they did require a payed for Email addy ... hotmail / yahell addys wouldnt work ....

After my trial was done though they spammed the hell outta my email ... i ended up blocking there addy finally .

I have nothing against the players.. I just hate the upper management over there ... and I wont let that mafia have any of my hard earned $$$
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Kekule

• Zinc Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2003, 12:42:13 PM »
For the IJ fans...  WBIII models the following:

Fighters:
Ki-43 IIb
Ki-44 IIc (new!)
Ki-61b
Ki-61c (new!) (not to be confused with the 61d, AKA Ki-61-KAIc)
Ki-84 1a
A6M2
A6M3
A6M5

Bombers:
D3A1
B5N2
G4M1
G4M2

Rumored to be in production (2 weeks away):
Ki-27
Ki-61-1d (AKA Ki-61 KAIc)
J2M2 (saw a screenshot of this one, no idea how far along FM is.)
J2M3
N1K1J
G4M3

Not a bad selection for a typically under-represented IJ planeset. So, if all the dedicated AH IJ pilots tried out WBIII, there'd be 3 or 4 new WBIII pilots. :D

Kekule
WB: 18th Sentai

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2003, 12:59:58 PM »
How many of those are available at any one time kekule?

MiniD

Offline Kekule

• Zinc Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2003, 01:29:40 PM »
Not wishing to turn this into a RPS discussion, but I like an RPS.

Otherwise, all you'd see are spits, ponies, 190s... etc.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :)

An RPS gives early war planes a time frame for them to be competitive. Just ask lazs!

All MHO.

Besides, the Ki-84 and Ki-43 are available in WBIII far more than they are available in AH. So there. :p

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2003, 01:33:24 PM »
All the planes available half the time or half the planes available all the time.

It's hard to brag on planes that are most likely not available.

MiniD

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2003, 01:55:10 PM »
The part I like is the "special access to the developers" part. Just why the hell does someone need "special access"? Why can't all subscribers to a game have access to the development team like every other online flight sim?

I was about to go try it again this month with all the time off that I have coming up but I think my time will be better spent playing AH and AH2 (testing) new things than getting ticked off about WB3. Good luck WB I hope that you are able to resurrect something out of the fires that were built beneath your home by your management. I could post on the WB3 board but I don't want to go through the time of looking for my password and old user name (I think its ljk_reschke).
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Kekule

• Zinc Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2003, 02:19:03 PM »
Mini D, I don't really care to get into a silly debate on the merits of an RPS system, or WB vs AH.

If you are an IJ fan, then you'll appreciate some of the planes that WB has to offer.

If not, then it really makes no difference what IJ planes are available, eh? :)

Kekule

And even if the Ki-84 was only available 1 day out of the entire year in WB, that's still one day more than AH! :cool:

Offline helllo

• Zinc Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2003, 03:33:45 PM »
The part I like is the "special access to the developers" part. Just why the hell does someone need "special access"? Why can't all subscribers to a game have access to the development team like every other online flight sim?

It's access to CLOSED betas not the open versions. Everyone is allowed access to the open beta.

Offline helllo

• Zinc Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2003, 03:48:12 PM »
Really cool pics of new and old buffs over the new ETO map

Now that Hotseat is gone and they have a dam good artist and graphics programmer. things are looking up

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2003, 06:36:16 PM »
Originally posted by Kekule
Mini D, I don't really care to get into a silly debate on the merits of an RPS system, or WB vs AH.
I know you don't.  But, you did bring it up.  You can't present one side without the other as much as you'd like to say you should be able to.
If you are an IJ fan, then you'll appreciate some of the planes that WB has to offer.

If not, then it really makes no difference what IJ planes are available, eh? :)
If you are an IJ fan, you might be equally as frustrated during a european matchup eh?

Like I said... can't have one without the other.  You have 1 more fighter and 2 more variants with the same number of bombers and 1 more variant.  Yet... they're only available half of the time at best.

Once again... claim it doesn't matter all you want while trying to remember you started listing game features in a thread about price.  It's only fair that the other side is presented.

MiniD

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Do I hear $9.95 ????
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2003, 06:43:11 PM »
Yeah, I had a lifetime 9.99 account with HTC-shame it wasn't worth even that to me, but don't feel like it is a slam, because my free WBIII account isn't worth playing to me, either.  I'll pay my, whatever it is, WWIIOL account till I am tired of it, and then.....