Author Topic: Inserting Btmp's  (Read 750 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Inserting Btmp's
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2003, 01:45:06 AM »
Because it is solid black I do not know where to place the mountains. I dont want to import it and be in a totally different spot than intended... what do you suggest?

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Inserting Btmp's
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2003, 03:55:30 AM »
Export a file first. Modify it then import it into your terrain then have a look at it to see if the changes you've made are the ones you want. If they are save the changes. If the changes aren't what you want then modify your bmp file and have another look.
One thing that you'll find really helps in building terrains is being willing to experiment.
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Inserting Btmp's
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2003, 09:14:01 PM »
Originally posted by detch01
Just remember to save your file at 1024x1024 size, in 24 bit colour.

How do I make sure it is 1024x1024? I forgot about that part and when importing it came out bigger than the actual terrain, tried making btmp smaller but didnt work, then remembered this. Cant figure out how.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Inserting Btmp's
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2003, 10:40:01 PM »
It depends on what graphics program your using. If your using Paint Shop Pro it's "image->resize" on the menu; if your using Corel PhotoPaint it's "image->resample" on the menu; if your using MSPaint (my sympathies) it's "image->stretch/skew". Set your sizes as required. I'm not sure of the photoshop menu path to set size but it will be something along the same lines as one of the above.

Cheers,
asw

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Inserting Btmp's
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2003, 11:47:06 PM »
i have resized it to many different sizes, and when i import it it still comes out bigger than it should. its centered fine and elevations are right, but covers more area than the terrain itself.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Inserting Btmp's
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2003, 10:12:37 AM »
ah ok - sorry misunderstood your post. Here's an example of a small terrain elevation file. If you export a bmp file from your terrain and your terrain isn't 512x512 miles in size you'll have areas of solid black surrounding your terrain elevations. The bitmap files always export to 1024x1024 size but only the area of your terrain will show elevation data.

Cheers,
asw

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Inserting Btmp's
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2003, 03:10:58 PM »
Alright I understand it for the most part. Thanks for all your help

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Inserting Btmp's