Author Topic: Open Letter To HTC  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Open Letter To HTC
« on: December 26, 2003, 03:12:50 AM »
Dear HTC:

I remember from the very beginning earliest days flying your game.  I hated it.     I went to Warbirds for a long while, I tried your game again here and there until finally - boom!@  hey this is cool!.   I have enjoyed very much Ace High, probably too much if you ask any one else around me in real life.

I am worried though.  And many are not sure where the impetus for AH2 came from in the first place.   A good number of us are pretty happy with the AH world "as is" and I dare say, to a man,  we are more impressed,  and were looking forward to,  aircraft additions.  I am probably wrong, but I bet you a pile more people are more concerned with when will we have a KI-84 or a P-61 than how many leaves the next tree has.

AH2 is the future, no doubt.  It looks promising, it looks wonderfull.  Frankly though, who asked for it?   On the develpoment side I imagine it is real easy to get bored, but please look outside for a moment and appreciate what you already have.

Respectfully,

Bill Coggin

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 04:20:23 AM »
I would have preferred for AH1 to continue developing (it still had a long ways to go imo.  Alot of growth potentiol remained).  

I will check out AH2 once it officially replaces AH1 out of pure curiosity but I quit paying a while back.  Too much time elapsed without any updates.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 09:15:35 AM »
Not about boredom....it's about cashflow.

Dale will finish this as he has other projects and like anything else, you will have a choice as to where your money goes.

Kinda simple eh?

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 10:14:01 AM »
Yup, cash flow.  It’s about getting that other game player on line, the box guy.  The one that has to have the mission, the rank, the organization.

Not to mention an update to the graphics to stay competitive.

We got spoiled from the beginning with short development efforts and release dates.  I’m not a beta guy but I miss the constant updates as well.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 11:30:16 AM »
Zanth makes a strong point.

I'm also a big fan of AH1. Time will tell how many will move over to AH2 and TOD when it clears beta. No doubt, a large contingent of present players will wish to remain where they are now. My guess is, those who've been around the AH skies for more than a year, realize the time commitments HTC has made towards the development and release of AH2...and for that reason have been patient about the lack of attention AH1's received in the past few months.

My question is whether HTC can handle co-development of both sides of the game. No doubt Dale believes AH2 will improve cash-flow, and with that the ability to bring more talent on board to HTC.  Time will tell.

One of the greatest things about AH, was the constant tweaking it got. I can only hope that continues to be the case once AH2 rolls out of the hangar.

DmdMax
The Damned

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 12:40:40 PM »
Originally posted by DMax
I'm also a big fan of AH1. Time will tell how many will move over to AH2 and TOD when it clears beta.
When AH2 clears beta, AH1 goes away..... :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 12:54:23 PM »
I tend to agree with this open letter. Seeing new planes added, new models of current planes, additional GVs, etc interests me far more than the new GE in AH2 complete with a totally irritating, unworkable, worthless, despicable Clipboard that violates RULE 1 of Interface Design.

The damn thing should be opening to the right if it even should open at all. Obviously HiTech is developing this thing on a monstrously huge monitor at obscene resolution or he would realize just how badly that Clipboard sucks.

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2003, 01:12:58 PM »
So AH1 is for sure gone when AH2 rolls around?:confused:

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 01:27:37 PM »
Yes..... its been stated many times.  When AH2 goes 'live' (reaches v 2.0), AH1 will cease to exist.

[edit]Most recently in this thread in fact [/edit]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 01:31:01 PM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2003, 01:45:16 PM »
hmmmm... :mad:

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 02:51:26 PM »
There will still be a main arena just like we have now with the addition of the TOD arena, the game will change visually but you will not be forced to play their way the choice will still be yours.

Main Arena or Tour Of Duty and I believe CT and the Sea will still be available.  (not 100% on the last 2)

JustJim1
<< Dragon Hawks >>

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 02:56:18 PM »
Yep, as I understand it, AH2:Classic will simply be an update to AH1, with all the current arenas, and with the TOD as an extra option following later....  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2003, 03:42:42 PM »
And woe be to those who flew AH at or close to min specs. Some will upgrade. Some will try the "new deal" over at "whassiface's WWII air combat sim."

I'm all for improvement and kudos for HTC tweaking the eye candy and adding some terrain features that'll make both ground to ground and air to ground combat more challenging. BUT ... at this point HT and company need to hit the ground running and see about modeling some of the aircraft needed to fill some already present gaps as well as perhaps two or three of the most requested models (dear COD don't make it the B-29 and the "Black Widow" ..... please!) not to mention getting the TOD beta ready to test asap.

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 03:44:56 PM »
Good, as long as I can still get jump by hordes of N1k's and La7's.:rolleyes: :D

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Open Letter To HTC
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2003, 05:52:08 PM »
anyone still playing on a 486 with 16 mb ram and 4 mb video ?

I thought not upgrading is a part of the PC evolution, you wanna play the cool stuff ya gotta get cooler stuff.

I hate it as well but it's not only this game  requiring better PC's

with every new game there is a new generation of PC's needed to play them, its a conspiracy I tell ya.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 11:54:23 PM by JustJim »