Author Topic: Priceless Hillary  (Read 2021 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2004, 04:39:08 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Kinda funny to see a soldier doing that to a person which once was "the first lady".  Guess lack of manners is part of your heritage :aok

Oh I dunno, considering how much she and Bill despised the military I think it just shows the feelings are mutual.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2004, 04:54:16 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Oh I dunno, considering how much she and Bill despised the military I think it just shows the feelings are mutual.

I can't quite follow why anyone believes that Clinton despised the military.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2004, 04:58:12 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I can't quite follow why anyone believes that Clinton despised the military.

The Clinton Administration took the opportunity to balance its budget disproportionately on the backs of the regular military. The Navy hemorrhaged ships, especially the ones needed to support operations around the world; most importantly, the Army disbanded combat divisions wholesale (16 in 1991, 10 today, many of which are intentionally shorthanded, and brought up to strength with Reserve and National Guard units); likewise, the Air Force shed combat wings and aircraft at an alarming rate.

While our troops are pretty demonstrably the best in the world, they are spread too thin, largely due to the false economies of the Clinton Administration.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2004, 04:59:47 PM »
Its a great pix   but what would be even better is him flashing the "2 in the pink and 1 in the stink" sign!:aok

ya know

looks like this
---
----
-
--  "pinky finger"
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2004, 05:08:54 PM »
After the final build up during the Reagan years and the end of the cold war, the cuts had to come. The cuts were important and necessary. Did the cuts go too far? It's possible, but the cuts have forced the defense department to streamline and better utilize the assets available.

In the late eighties and early nineties, the DoD practically hemorraged money. We've all heard the stories of $600 hammers and $1000 toilet seats. It's not that way today, even with the increases to the defense budget.
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2004, 06:11:11 PM »
Please explain what he means by this then:

"I am writing too, in the hope the my telling this one story will help you to understand more clearly how so many fine people have come to find themselves still loving their country but loathing the military"

http://www.edburt.net/clintonletter.htm

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2004, 09:39:45 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
How do you pronounce Messerschmitt 109? ... Ah see? ;)

It's not uncommon to call a zero an "oh". However, I've never before heard an "oh" called a zero.

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2004, 07:09:31 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Asinine ... A-S-I-N-I-N-E !  Why don't you stick to words you know how to spell, like "stupid"?

If spelling were a criteria for posting in this forum then everyone would be guilty and banished for butchering the english language.
 But in defense of all of us who can't spell, It is a daily ritual of mine to read the newspaper and count the improperly spelled words, usually numbered above 10 on any given day with the most being the word "receive" spelled "recieve"
 I guess the local fish wrappers don't have spell check...

Think I just hijacked my own thread....Dohhh...

Best:
IKON

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2004, 07:15:22 AM »
Yea but in large part those stories were ignorant anti-military media BS, for example the $1,000 "toilet" was actually a whole bathroom system for a C5 Galaxy...

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2004, 11:04:13 AM »
Originally posted by 1K0N
If spelling were a criteria for posting in this forum then everyone would be guilty and banished for butchering the english language.
 But in defense of all of us who can't spell, It is a daily ritual of mine to read the newspaper and count the improperly spelled words, usually numbered above 10 on any given day with the most being the word "receive" spelled "recieve"
 I guess the local fish wrappers don't have spell check...

Think I just hijacked my own thread....Dohhh...

Best:
IKON

Just remember this rule;  i before e, except after c, or sounded as "a" as in neighbor and weigh. But then you already know how to spell receive. ;)

Nakhui

Priceless Hillary
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2004, 11:37:15 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
The Clinton Administration took the opportunity to balance its budget disproportionately on the backs of the regular military. The Navy hemorrhaged ships, especially the ones needed to support operations around the world; most importantly, the Army disbanded combat divisions wholesale (16 in 1991, 10 today, many of which are intentionally shorthanded, and brought up to strength with Reserve and National Guard units); likewise, the Air Force shed combat wings and aircraft at an alarming rate.

Saying the President is sole responsible for the build up or bulid down of the armed forces is the same as saying he has anything to do with DOW going up and down day to day.

The planners at the Pentagon make these decisions... and they are confirmed by the Congress, Joint Chiefs of Staff, and then Finally the President is INFORMED and a recommendation is made.

And if it twerent for the planning of the Pentagon and funding by the US congress DURING the Clinton Administartion, Bush would not have the special forces, the predator, and the digital combat technology which the troops used to succesffully execute the Afghanistan and Iraq campaignes.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2004, 02:20:49 PM »
So we should thank Clinton for our talented Military?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2004, 04:03:47 PM »
A commander in chief leads a military built by those who came before him. There is little that he or his defense secretary can do to improve the force they have to deploy. It is all the work of previous administrations. Decisions made today shape the force of tomorrow...... and when that war [Gulf War I] ended, the first thing I did was place a call to California, and say thank you to Ronald Reagan.

You know who said that?

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2004, 05:48:23 PM »
hint republicans are not alowed by their party to praise living democrats.

must suck havin all thos rules.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Priceless Hillary
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2004, 06:15:06 PM »
No guesses?.. It was Defense Sec. Cheney. I wonder if Rummy called Clinton to thank him?